Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: NJ Fishing Reports for June 2013....www.StripersAndAnglers.com

Default Re: NJ Fishing pics

June 18 Pm trip.
    6 hour Monty Mini Marathon.....
    Fished hard for most of the night....as it had rained recently the water was discolored and I felt the bite was off. The forage available was just not there.

Managed one almost legal bass on swimmer at night.

Attachment 17293

One decent fluke, about 17", on small metal at first light
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMGP3907.jpg  

June 19 PM trip,
    Monty Marathon...8 hours....

This was a trip where I was targeting night bluefish...some larger ones had shown up, coming in at the end of day to crash bunker schools...
    I had been to the water earlier that day...worked it for 1/2 hour....it was totally dead....

As I was leaving I noticed a few distinct pods of bunker that were "shaping up" and moving in....
    I ran into California Tom aka Tom Lynch and some of his crew...Tom had come down to film some of the insane bluefish action....
    They were waitiing, too, and we were all of the opinion that something would happen...we were just not sure when.....

It was a good night for monster bluefish...
    If you go to Tom's site....(I think it is angryfishTV.com...or something like that....) you will see in May 2013 he took some real graphic shots of big blues crashing bunker. His lens captured the frenzy, with bunker flying out of the water to get away from the giant sets of teeth that were chasing them.....

That night, after work,,,I returned and fished all night.....

Got some nice fish from that Monty Marathon effort.......
    (I didn't find the big blues, that time,,,,but some pesky stripers showed up.. ..so I had to stay for awhile and have some fun.... )

Attachment 17294

Attachment 17296
    Attachment 17295
    Total for the 8 hour trip..
    8 bass to 19#...released....
    Lost 2 nicer ones.....due to googan error..
    And 3 bluefish to 4#....
    All on big swimmers.....

Once that sun got bright ALL ACTION ended.... even the bluefish action.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 17 llbs.jpg   IMGP3917.jpg  

19lbs cropped.jpg  

Default Re: NJ Fishing Reports for June 2013....www.StripersAndAnglers.com

Fished a quiet little back bay spot last nite good for holding bunker and other stuff. 8-11pm Nice sw wind should have been perfect. One 24" runt, rubber.

Nice guys at least you are catching! I'll take a runt anyday jigfreak!

Good to see you guys getting out there and getting some action.
    Can't wait for Sunday AM
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

^ Yes Rob, that's the site. I had the original unedited pic sent to me after the carnage that night in May. I deleted it as I know he likes to have tight copyright control of his pics.
    Feel free to browse his site. He's a great photographer, good fisherman, and nice guy.
    He's the one responsible for the famous (infamous? ) shot of the hundreds of fishermen standing down near Barnegat Inlet in the well-known sandeel bite of 2011.

June 20 2013....4 hour short trip
    After the great fishing the night before I returned to the scene the next night.
    Hoping for a repeat....but you know how that goes........it has been hard for me to find consistent action in the same area, for more than one night, when throwing artficials......

I was tired.

Managed 4 short bass. These bass hit tentatively, not aggressively.
    2 of them were hooked in the back or head...also missed a few others...
    These were fat little schoolies...one 27" bass probably weighed around 8#.....not sure what they were eating at the time (too small to eat bunker) but they were feeding well.
    Bite died before sunup.

All fish hit a small swimmer, would not touch larger (or smaller) offerings this time.

Fished the park this morning from 6-8. One short bass on diamond jig. Saw no signs of life out there.

I had some errands to do today so I fished the long branch area for a 1/2 hour. Totally sucked. all the beach people. Had to walk down a path by some apartments to the water fishermen can go there no prob. Still it was lame. Threw a tsunami shad, no takers.

thanks for the reports gents. Seems like we are drifting into the summer doldrums.

I did manage a good sized stingray last night. What a blast, she ran at least 40-50 yards out of line on the first run. Took me forever to get her in as I was by myself. When she was on the beach I wave would come in and she would jump on it and try and go for more runs. Eventually a fellow fisherman came onto the beach and gave me a hand. Funny thing is now more people would come up and stand (barefoot) right next to her tail. I kept telling them to watch out. All the macho guys replied " I am good Bro, aint nuffin gonna happen" Okie Dokie, you have been warned!Attachment 17213
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails stingray.jpg  

June 22 2013 - Early AM - 3 hour trip.....

Started out with good expectations...went back to the well-known bluefish and weakfish bay spot to see if I could find the bigger blues at night....
    I failed at that, but did manage to land a 6# weakfish, my first of the year....she was beautiful, had not seen them in long time....quick pic and release.....

Attachment 17297

on a small swimmer...(old and ugly, see the Surfwalker thread...)
    http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/...d-your-Own-Way

The rest of the night went downhill after that...........my bail spring broke and I was not really participating any more no matter how hard I triied....it was too much of a pita.....so I cut the trip short and called it a night early, no other action for me...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMGP3927.jpg  

fished somoco this morning from 5-6:30. I hate the south wind when are they going to turn the fan off!!
    What does that phrase go - wind from the south fish shut their mouths. lol

Rob great report even though its a skate its a big one. Is that you in the pic or one of the macho guys? Don't skate tails have some sort of barb or something. Standing there near the tails could be dangerous. What kind of skate is that?

Nice skate rob that must have put up a nice fight. What gear are you using when fishing for them?

Rob,

We are all teaming up to send you our chiropractic bills....ouch my neck!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	stingray.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	56.5 KB 
ID:	17215

Very sore arms from all the big blues you wanted on topwater for a few hours today. The weird thing is there was practically nobody around today, we shared this action with just one other boater. Its was a beautiful Saturday on the second day of summer today...where did everyone go?

We peddled out to 16-18ft of water and there a decent amount of scattered bunker and monster bluefish on them.

First cast my brother hooks two large bluefish almost instantly BOTH on the same SP minnow (first time for him ever hooking two fish on one plug). His facial expression is priceless and I am trying to convince him to let me post the video. In the video it looks like he just saw a great white shark next to the kayak.

What's missing from this picture?

If you guessed a 5H Rasco Split ring and 5/0 VMC Siwash you guessed correctly...taken by a massive bluefish. The missing rear hook and 3/0 up front makes for a great surf plug when targeting bass. Maybe somebody out there was giving me a sign?

It's pretty amazing how much pressure and leverage you can apply to a fish with a 7' freshwater rod and a conventional reel. I have never opened up a 5H Rasco ring on my surf gear and its what I use on all my plugs.

Its also worth zooming into the fish finder

Some pics from today:

Again, worth zooming in on the fish finder

To top off a great summer day my Mom & Dad went crabbing

Quote Originally Posted by J Barbosa View Post
    Very sore arms from all the big blues you wanted on topwater for a few hours today.
    Great report, I use size 5 Rasco rings too, never had an issue with them.

Fished this morning 2:30-8:30, late start with some hardware issues, caught 1 ~24 inch striper on a rubber shad around 4:00 and 2 cocktail blues on Green 017 Ava, was important to work the Ava all the way to the beach to catch the blues.
    Had a great time out on the water, lotsa fun.
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

Quote Originally Posted by basshunter View Post
    Rob great report even though its a skate its a big one. Is that you in the pic or one of the macho guys? Don't skate tails have some sort of barb or something. Standing there near the tails could be dangerous. What kind of skate is that?

I thought Skates did not have barbs on their tails only stingrays did???? This one had a very definitive barb on it's tail. Yep that's me in the pic- no macho man there.... the macho guy was taking the pic for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbarbosa
    Rob,
    We are all teaming up to send you our chiropractic bills....ouch my neck!
    I know, sorry. the picture is vertical on my computer but for some reason it turned on here when I posted it.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast