Quote Originally Posted by mick2360 View Post
I'm not sure how many people read these posts. Seems like we have a small crowd of folks that contribute and that is fine. I continue to post in order to offer a little hope. When my life was out of control and addictions had taken over, I needed some hope. And for those of you who might read this, there is hope. If I can do anything, shoot me a PM. I would be honored to hear your story. Mick

At under 300 actual posts, and almost 1400 views, SOMEONE's reading this Mick, and it ain't just the Keebler elves. A lot of people are shy, don't want to post their lives on the internet, that's understandable. I was that way once too. I broke my AA/NA anonymity a long time ago, and never looked back.

If some of this stuff helps other people, that would make my day. I've gotten some PMs thanking me for the thread.

Sometimes I feel stupid posting every day, and I know there could be more actual responses, but people are afraid of being labeled an alcoholic or drug addict if they post here, so they don't. To me, that's kinda silly, we're just having a discusion about drinking, and some other stuff in here. All are welcome, you don't have to have a problem to jump in and make a comment.

That's ok. I know with all the views this thread is getting, it's helping someone. I also know it's helping me, and keeps me centered when I can't get to a meeting. So I'm gonna keep it up as long as I'm able to type.

Daily Reflections

GIVING UP INSANITY

. . . where alcohol has been involved, we have been
strangely insane.
ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS, p. 38

Alcoholism required me to drink, whether I wanted to or
not. Insanity dominated my life and was the essence of
my disease. It robbed me of the freedom of choice over
drinking and, therefore, robbed me of all other choices.
When I drank, I was unable to make effective choices in
any part of my life and life became unmanageable. I ask
God to help me understand and accept the full meaning of
the disease of alcoholism.

Twenty-Four Hours A Day

A.A. Thought For The Day

This sober world is a pleasant place for an alcoholic to
live in. Once you've gotten out of your alcoholic fog, you
find that the world looks good. You find real friends in
A.A. You get a job. You feel good in the morning. You eat a good breakfast and you do a good day's work at home or outside. And your family loves you and welcomes you because you're sober. Am I convinced that this sober world is a pleasant place for an alcoholic to live in?

Insanity dominated my life and was the essence of my disease. Seems to be a pretty accurate description of my life at that time. Always good to keep the memopry green.

Also wanted to wish everyone out there and their families a Happy Easter!! Hope you all get some time to spend with your families today.