Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post

Back to Moco hopeful for a morning bite. Plugged a few rocky areas, water was beautiful, but dead on the beginning of the flood.

Did some scouting. The only bunker I could find were at 2 areas in moco, about 1/4 mi offshore. Boats on them but the boats were spread out. Some kayakers out there too. Hope someone got some nice fish. We guys in the surf sure didn't, even the bait guys failed to hook up where I was.
Hey Dark,

I just came across this report thought i'd share it. Looks like those bunker found there way onto the MoCo beaches after lunch.

As you said it proves its all about the timing....

----

The water was flat calm at the MoCO surf today at 1:00 pm. Except for the fact that it was BOILING as far as the eye could see with HUMONGOUS fish.

The largest was 42 inches and an estimated 30 pounds. In addition there were bluefish that measured 35 inches and an estimated 20 pounds! It was truly amazing and lasted for a couple hours. There was one other guy there and he was fishing with bait. I had it all to myself. Because of my recent success with so much fish, I did what was right and threw all of my fish back to bite another day. I must have caught 10+ bluefish all in the 15-20 pound range (this is unheard of for bluefish - they were the largest bluefish I had EVER seen) and 2 really nice bass in the 25-30 pound range. All fish caught on a big, cheap ***, metal spoon (Krocodile imitation - $3 at K-Mart) and the largest bass was caught on a sand eel plastic with a wire leader. So much for bass being leader shy.

---