Quote Originally Posted by basshunter View Post
You guys are hilarious. i didn't think anyone was catching many bass, haven't checked the reports in awhile. Congrats, finchaser its like you are the bass whisperer. Great reading guys, love the animal house reference.
Basshunter, there are a few of us out there fishing regularly. A lot of guys don't want to share the info because they work hard for the fish they catch and don't want to pass it along too easily to internet fishermen. There are some of us putting in time and catching fish deep in the night or at the beginning and end of day. It ain't easy and most guys have given up. Why bother for only a few fish?

It's the chance to catch something other than normal, the chance to find that fish, that most think aren't there... that drives me, and I believe it drives some others as well.
Or maybe we are a bunch of sick nutcases who just can't stay away from the water whether fish are there or not.
You have to realize Finchaser's results are exceptional and he will often catch fish when no one else on the beach is able to. Like they say, YMMV.
I still say he's catching because he rubs the artificials on his crotch before every cast, but no one wants to believe me...

Mon PM report -
The ocean temps have inched slowly upward as Fin and others have mentioned. Based on this I was really debating whether I would get out there Monday night. As the tides were late I figured I might find some water that was a few degrees cooler.

I did, and feel the ocean is cleaning up just a bit.
Made a few stops, same spotty results as usual. I did find some feeding fish at one of the stops.

I had about 10 minutes of pretty good feeding activity.
My Googan tendencies got in the way of some good success, though.
Dropped 4 fish on a MagDarter before I had the sense to take a look at it and see the front hook had become a little rusted from all the hard use and being put away wet night after night.

When I finally realized my error I managed to land 2 short bass.
The level of activity was higher than it had been, that was the exciting part.
It was a level of slow activity, but activity in the heat of summer at those temps was still a blessing.
Fishing gradually slowed after about an hour, and I knew it was over and time to get out of there and on the road to work.

For me, that's the saddest part of any fishing trip, realizing the bite is lessening and it's time to wrap things up..