Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New Jersey fishing reports for April 2009

fished r.b. last night bunker all over but no fish under them.

Quote Originally Posted by chas527 View Post
    fished r.b. last night bunker all over but no fish under them.
    Nice chas, at least you were out there. I was out last night from 12-5am RB, had almost the same experience you had. I wanted to see if a few colder water places had opened up yet, did some driving.

The wind was brisk at times, shifted back and forthe between SW and W.

Eventually found bunker, man were they big! Horsebunker. I snagged a few, livelined one or 2. Nothing, even put on a bloody chunk, nothing. It was amazing to see the sizes of some of the schools as they maneuvered in and out. Everything was quiet till 3am, just bunker, when all of a sudden about a dozen jumped out of the water. I knew there hadda be some bass under them, but there were none for me.

Moved on to a shallower spot, tried my luck till 5am, bunker and clams, not a tap. Out again tonight hopefully.

Yesterday evening hit RB, fished incoming and a little bit of outgoing tide.
    Had some bites on the incoming tide, but as the wind died out, so does the bites too.
    Managed only 1 short
    I saw birds from the distance to dive into the water few times.

THIS IS JUST AN EXAMPLE HOW PEOPLE LEAVE THEIR TRASH BEHIND!

^^ Keep at it Lenny, I see a 30# in your future.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
    ^^ Keep at it Lenny, I see a 30# in your future.
    Thanx, i hope that future is not far.
    Im sure it will happen soon.

Fished R B , bunkers are in. Also big bluefish !!! Sorry guys...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC09982.JPE  

^^ Yeaah Tommy, I heard they were here on Sunday, but couldn't confirm that report from more than one source. But they were in the back in the daytime yesterday, chomping lines, and eating bait, up to 10 lbs.

Good intel, Tommy gets the credit.

Last year I think they showed up around April 10, around April 14 the year before. Getting earlier and earlier every year for the yellow eyed demons. Time to take the kids out fishin, what kid doesn't love catchin bluefish?

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Fished R B , bunkers are in. Also big bluefish !!! Sorry guys...
    I don't mind bluefish, i prefer bass but still gives me satisfaction when nothing else happening on the beach.
    I personally like to fight with them, its awesome how they attack poppers.

Lenny, I would rather catch bluefish in the 10-15lb class than 24" bass. Not ashamed to admit it. Late in the season when the cows are in Rhody, I start fishin for sharks, and big bluefish at night. Great fight those bluefish, they will bust up your spinning reels.

Congrats to the guys who got some nice fish yesterday afternoon, I couldn't make it, but at least a few went home happy! Right place, right time, wtg!

Bass were churning the water last night in south NJ, we each had double digit cathces on the outgoing on pink and white zooms on a 1/2 jig head. My biggest fish was 27" funny thing is i got 8 fish @27 none bigger

Fished RB this evening, had a bad feeling about it, no wind no good fishing, at least for me.
    Hit 2 spots on incoming, nada.
    The bay was like a big lake, perfect for kayak fishing, saw 2 guys out there on a kayak.
    Tomorrow is an other day.

No 4/10 early am report? You guys sleeping in or what?

Lenny, hey at least you gave it a shot, there were no superstar catches last night, only a slow pick here and there.

Mick, there were a lot of guys fishin last night, similar sentiments echoed, too bright, water too calm, many bunker around but no bass. I would be suspicious of a report by anyone who said they killed them big time yesterday unless they were fishin at a trout hatchery.

A friend called to tell me it was slow, then he had a hit so hung up. Called back later and he had a giant eel. If you were targeting giant eels, last night was the night to be out! (Hey, in my book an eel trumps a skate, and beats the skunk )

Gotta put that time in. On Wednesday when guys killed them in the afternoon towards the end of the incoming, some might have said they were lucky. Maybe so, but some guys are out there 5-7 nights a week, they hit it big 1 or 2 nights out of that, and they deserve it. That particular spot had not given up big fish like that for awhile. One place is hot one night, cold the next. I'm kinda glad things are that way for now.

Even to go out and get skunked, and spend the rest of your night scouting a new place that you never went to before, that's admirable. It they caught them every night at the same place, I think I might give up bass fishin, it would be too much like the rocks in moco in May/June.

fished rb last night and again this morning.finally got some fish. got 3 last night one keeper 281/2.and 1 short this morning.it' been awale been out 10 times and got nothing.did any one see that moon last night.it was was something else.

Nice, chas! I got 2 hits last night, but they were light, no fish. I thought it was too calm like Lenny said, and the moon was like a silver charcoal in the sky, very bright. Would you say your fish all came around the same time, or were the hits scattered?

Default Good Friday

Went to SH and fished from about 4am to 8am. Made my way from Buglight all the way around the point and did not even see a ripple. It was my 1st time out this season, what a beautiful night. I started talking to a guy when I got back to the parking lot, turns out it was another threader Monty. Nice to meet you Monty. Hope everyone had a healthy winter. Good luck to all this season.

Mike O

Default Out Front

Clammed from 6:30am to about 10:30am this morning (4/10). Water very cold. The only bend in the rod was when I casted. Nothing doing. Just wanted to stay away from the crowds (and the Bass too, I guess). Anyway, it always feels good at the edge.

Happy Trails

Hey Mike, nice meeting you too.
    Like you said, was great beeing out there, even without any action.
    Will more than likely see you during the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike O View Post
    Went to SH and fished from about 4am to 8am. Made my way from Buglight all the way around the point and did not even see a ripple. It was my 1st time out this season, what a beautiful night. I started talking to a guy when I got back to the parking lot, turns out it was another threader Monty. Nice to meet you Monty. Hope everyone had a healthy winter. Good luck to all this season.

Mike O
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

Quote Originally Posted by chas527 View Post
    fished rb last night and again this morning.finally got some fish. got 3 last night one keeper 281/2.and 1 short this morning.it' been awale been out 10 times and got nothing.did any one see that moon last night.it was was something else.
    Nice chas, ya puts in your time ya gets your fish!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike O View Post
    I started talking to a guy when I got back to the parking lot, turns out it was another threader Monty. Nice to meet you Monty. Hope everyone had a healthy winter. Good luck to all this season.

Mike O
    Montys like the guy from the Fugitive, he's everywhere and nowhere at the same time. Only in the dark of night, or maybe he's like the Shadow from the old time TV series.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast