Mike, is this what you wer talking about?

http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/...ead.php?t=4057

If so, I believe the enswer to your question can be resolved from the details you provided -

"the abrasion is only in the area where I pickup the line off the bail to cast. It is only about an inch long. "

If the line was defective, I believe you would be having random breakoffs, instead of what you helpfully described. I think ripplugger's answer was spot-on. did you get a chance to look at everything with a magnifying glass? There was another forum where guys were complaining about bad batches of Power pro. Of the 6 guys complaining, I bet less than half of them actually took the magnifying glass and closely examined the rollers, tips, and guides to see if there was any abrasion, crack, or worn area at any point of the rod. I use pp all the time and have never had a problem with it other than the wind knots with lighter line. These cracks and abrasions aren't easy to see, Mike. Sometimes you have to review an area more than once. that's why cotton or a q-tip helps, as ripplugger said. Also, if you are only getting it in the area of the roller, you might want to ask yourself Why? It's possible that your roller has a manufacturing defect, in which case they should warranty replace the reel, or at least the bail, if they are a reputable place you got it from. You could try to fix it it it's a small burr, maybe some 400-800 autobody sandpaper, but you really need to be careful if you did something like that. Far better to bring it back to the dealer, and let them take care of it, my bet would be the problem is somewhere in the roller. I know what it's like to have a piece of equipment that doesn't work, it's such a pita to deal with.

Good luck, let us know how you make out with the dealer.