Quote Originally Posted by Mike O View Post
Thanks for the reply willie. I have yet to catch a big enough fish with this reel to see if the line breaks off (hope that never happens). As I said in my previous post's this reel is brand new and I did examine the bail roller with a 10X loop,( I use to be a printer) and did not see anything unusual. The bail roller to me is a lot narrower in size compared to my older Daiwa reels that I have. The thing that stumps me the most is that it is only in the area where I pull the line off the bail roller to make a cast! I have rebuilt my old 2600X and will probably fish with that reel this coming week to see if it happens with that reel. If it does I think it will be safe to say that it is the line. BTW it is a new spool of line I purchased this past winter. I guess I'm just trying to avoid having to return the reel with all the BS that is involved with that, if you know what I mean. I'm also going to try puting a different line on the spare spool of the new reel. If all else fails, back to Daiwa it will go.

Mike O

Mike,

did you check under the bail near the roller,there has to be a rough spot somewhere around there.
you an also try going through the motions of opening the bail like you're gonna cast to see what the line touches,it must be rubbing somewhere around there!

R-P