Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: NJ Fishing Reports for December 2011 www.StripersandAnglers.com

MOCO in the morning, water looked perfect, sky was black, should have been exploding with fish. 2 hours, nada.

Fished from 1:30pm to 5:00pm. Had birds in front of me for a 15 to 20 min. I threw the bag covering all water colume had only 1 bump. plugged the beach for 1/2 mile befor calling it quits. further out was a boat and seen him land a few nice size bass.

There were these black/dark brown diving birds crashing the water in front of me they dive just like gannets. Does anyone know what kind of bird they are? I did not see them come up with anything. I'm thinking they were feeding on sandeels and not herring.

there is still a good amount of small bass in the back bays of SNJ fished the last 2 hours of outgoing after some late shopping. Good amount of bass popping on the surface a lot were picky though, landed 7 to 25" lost 4 or 5 couldnt get any water for incomming and they laid down. Never felt below 40 and a 5 mph wind nice late season night

Amen, Shark...got into feeding bass last night as well. Took a while to find them, getting discouraged, but it was a fantastic night once the tide changed and the wind dropped out...I can't remember fishing in December and being so comforbable, in quite a few years....managed 8 bass to 28", dropped an additional one at my feet about 11# and 31". It was a plug bite.. something I'm addicted to....due to the abundant herring, ....full report in the Winter Fishing Thread....

Way to stick it out to the end....catch em up!

fished rocks xmas morning with a buddy and came up empty handed. we did not get out there until the tide was going out. stayed for awhile and not a single bite! talked to a few guys who spent the entire morning there and nothing for them either on the incoming/outgoing tide. hope to get out next sat again.

looking to go for some blackfish on a boat in a week or 2 if anybody knows a good 1 to go on pm me.

12-24 8 Bass to 28", night bite.... plugs.
    12-25 10 Bass to 12#, night bite...plugs...Biggest fish came on Surfstix's Danny
    12-26 7 Bass to 15#, night bite...plugs....

It's safe to say I'm pretty happy with the fishing this last week of December...
    Full report in the winter fishing thread.

Oc near the park in the morning, 2 bass to 27" on a teaser.

Nice going clamchucker! Still fish in that area for those who want to work for them....

12-27-11
    Fished this morning, missed my first alarm, Didn't get up to the 2nd alarm went off. Only had 45 mins to fish before false dawn by the time I got down there...
    Things were different this morning, not much activity where I was. No hits or bumps other than one small bass on a megabait swimmer, similar to the Daiwa SP. Beat the skunk, but I have a feeling I missed the feeding window last night.

Full report in the winter fishing thread.

Dark the window was close to slack low. Got em decent last night, 7 to 18bs on the daiwa minnow and mag darter. You were right about the crabs. The one I kept was filled with em. Good to catch some fat fish for a change. Thanks for the heads up, you da man.

Fished northern ocean county this morning. The bass were chasing herriing, I managed 6 on large bombers and small poppers. The surf was building from the south but it was fishable. The largest was 19pounds. All released.

Very nice way to go^^^^^

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Nice efforts guys!
    Jigfreak, glad ya were paying attention to my reports. Very unusual bite this time of year....

More food....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMGP0475.JPG  

Found a window....

Fished this morning last 2 hours of the ebb plus the slack...ended up quitting before 5am as the tide came in and it became unfishable where I was.

It was fishable for that brief window, and the water wasn't that dirty. The wind had died down to about 5-7mph W. Still got the

The OGB told me not to bother, "you'll never catch a fish in this slop, don't waste your time"

Of course I didn't listen. The action has been so good I didn't want to miss it. The crab molt could still have one night of life to it, and that last night was probably last night...Where I was, there could have been that lucky 20#....

Full report in the Winter fishing thread...

Oh, and before he comes on here yelling...., I wore a PFD, and have been wearing one whenever I fish the flood tide now at night....

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
    Found a window....

Fished this morning last 2 hours of the ebb plus the slack...ended up quitting before 5am as the tide came in and it became unfishable where I was.

It was fishable for that brief window, and the water wasn't that dirty. The wind had died down to about 5-7mph W. Still got the

The OGB told me not to bother, "you'll never catch a fish in this slop, don't waste your time"

Of course I didn't listen. The action has been so good I didn't want to miss it. The crab molt could still have one night of life to it, and that last night was probably last night...Where I was, there could have been that lucky 20#....

Full report in the Winter fishing thread...

Oh, and before he comes on here yelling...., I wore a PFD, and have been wearing one whenever I fish the flood tide now at night....
    Googan windows are the calm period between fronts usually before a storm, which boaters take advantage of to run offshore. You are fishing a pattern when fish show or feed on a stage of tide and feed approximately an hour later everyday until something like a storm,water temperature or wind direction changes the feeding pattern. (dam Googans)

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Fished OC, 6-8am, incoming, 3 bass on ava dragged slowly, biggest 30".

Quote Originally Posted by fishinmission78 View Post
    Fished OC, 6-8am, incoming, 3 bass on ava dragged slowly, biggest 30".
    Nice going Fishinmission.

I'm stuck home till sunday morning. That might be my last outing.

Way to go fishing mission. You are hardcore for still sticking it out!

NoMoCo 10-2 silence of the clams

have u guys heard a nice bluefin got pulled in today on the mbp while bass fishing the tuna hit a krock spoon the weight was between 175 180 lbs and 61 inches long i got the call before the pic so i was saying bs till i saw the pic its up on the net now so if u still say bs look for your self and the bass are still here to pic of a 42 lb bass
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Picture.jpg  

Wow gjb that is a nice bass! How far off the beach were they when they caught that?
    Got some bass tonight, after dark they started hitting. Metal lipped swimmers and bombers did it for me. 7 basss to 31", released, nomoco. I can't believe how nice out it was. This weather and bait around is mind boggling. I wonder how long it can last?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast