Thread: Winter Fishing Thread.....

Hybrid View

Well I fished last night in moco and got the skunk! I saw quite a few guys out and only one small fish caught. I tryed bombers and that daiwa plug that everyone was talking about and nothing for me. I fished from 5 to 7pm. It looked like the incomming tide. The water was very calm, maybe too calm? Dark Skies are you still fishing? I was hoping to read a report from you saying you are still catching. Good luck if you are.Welcome to the site mbo1971!

I fished 4-6:30 yesterday in MoCo as well. Nothing for me. I think the water was too mellow, hardly any waves crashing at all. It also seemed very cold. Maybe the fat lady is tuning up. Welcome aboard MBO.

welcome to the site and tite lines to u

Quote Originally Posted by porgy75 View Post
    : The water was very calm, maybe too calm? Dark Skies are you still fishing? I was hoping to read a report from you saying you are still catching. Good luck if you are.
    We haven't done well this winter when the water is as calm as you described...when the white water is in town, enough to make Monty drool...is a good time to be out there...but please be careful as the water is now 42 degrees....

Porgy, Finchaser's rants against the small fish I'm catchin have had an effect on me.
    I've packed it in for the year, am thinking of selling everything and moving to South America to do missionary work...look for a huge fire sale on slightly used tackle in the future....

**MBO, a warm welcome!
    For those who don't know him, I met Matt one night in the Spring when a few of us were running around between Ocean and Monmouth counties...he's originally from Md, (now in NJ) is seemingly a good guy, and is pretty proficient at casting conventionals long distances on the flat Md beaches when the fish are there....

hoping maybe he can share some of those stories and possible tips and techniqes he uses with us.....Hope your seasons in NJ are productive, MBO, and welcome aboard!

As for the helmet thing. I know a lot of guys think it might look gay, or stupid..I can definitely relate to not wanting to look stupid out there...but if ya know me you should know that with the stories circulating about my stinkin waders and sleeping in my car to get "two bites out of one trip"...

It doesn't really bother me what people think of me...(other than the close friends I have, and Pebbles),,,,I have always marched to the beat of a different drummer, and sometimes it seems I'm the only one who's hearing the music...so I encourage all opinions here, don't hold back.,...but I also think it's time for a thread where we discuss this further...feel free to jump in and again, honesty is important here.....if you don't agree, that's a valid point and deserves to be heard...but please tell us why, as well....thanks for reading, folks!

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
    ...when the white water is in town, enough to make Monty drool...is a good time to be out there...
    I miss the white water.....Miss your fishing reports
    Tired of China.
    Can't wait for this..

Or this

White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

Beautiful pics Monty thanks for sharing!

thanks for the warm welcome guys.

extreme - i used to think people who knew how to ride bikes didnt need to wear helmets wither. Then one day at our shop we had someone who was an experienced rider fall riding in our parking lot without one on. Yeah - they almost died and that does not involve 42* water. I fancy myself pretty fleet afoot and still think it could make sense.

Dark - yeah, conventionals are the way to go for me. They catch bigger fish. Here is just one example.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BenBigRed.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	61.5 KB 
ID:	14839

holy mackeral, that's some drum!

is that NC?

Haha - yeah, she was a pig. Est @70+. Was October 10, 2010 and our goal was 10 reds. We fell 2 short. I myself had 6 amd 4 in an hour. It was an insane day. It was not NC, a bit further north in VA. It an amazing fishery. To Dark's point, this pic was taken late in the ebb, and we were a solid 200 yards out from where we started in the am at the top of the flood. Can't wait to get back down there.