I have something to say about this, You mentioned a license or safety course requirement. I whole heartedly agree. The amount of kayakers has gotten out of hand. They fish in the middle of the inlets now. I have also seen them go in and out through the inlets. This is unbelievably dangerous. Being out in swells without flags should be a chargeable offense.

This spring we were fishing the bunker pods one morning. The swells were 4' that day. We came upon a guy in a kayak all by himself. The kayak was orange. Thank God for that. We could not see him in the swells. To top it off he did not have a flag either. When we got to where he could hear us I told him that he was not visible in the swells, and that we almost hit him. His reaction was a shrug of the arms. He seemed like a pleasant guy but this has gotten out of hand. You are right ds. It won't be long before there is a collision. I don't want to hit anyone. I obey all the safety rules. If I have to follow them why don't they?
Mandatory safety courses for all kayak folks. Enforcement for violations and heavy fines. They should not be allowed in the inlets either. It is just too dangerous.