Quote Originally Posted by J Barbosa View Post
I also saw this "expert" critique other guys and was giving out so much advice that was not asked for. My brother saw him in the parking lot later on and asked him what he caught. His answer was that he only got one follow and that the the trout weren't biting yet because the water was cold and that we should come back and fish later on in the day as the water warms up.

This guy also had more expensive gear on than he knew what to do with.
I see that a lot the guys with the highest priced gear think they are the surf gurus. Or they are so cool they won't even talk to you and look down on you because you don't have the right gear.

I was up at sandy hook one night last year. There was a new guy who came out and was casting. You could tell he was new. His casts were a little shaky so what. There was this tall thin guy and his friends with all the latest gear. They were pointing to the new guy and making a few jokes about him and cackling like a bunch of hens. They also made fun that he didn't have the right surf gear on. I thought it strange that this tall guy and his friends made fun of the newby because someone told me the tall guy is deaf? If he is handicapped why wouldn't he at least have a little understanding what its like to be picked on?

Where does it say that just because you have all the right gear you have the right to bash on someone who doesn't? I hate that attidude. Elitist a-holes!

btw jbarbosa those are some nice trout there! Did you end up catching them with spinners?