Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: MEAT MEN of New Jersey

Default Re: MEAT Men of New Jersey

So our favorite meat kid posts a "release" picture and they throw the bass 10 feet in the air and take a picture. Unfortunately there are enough ignorant people out there that is actually a market for such stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by SharkHart View Post
    So our favorite meat kid posts a "release" picture and they throw the bass 10 feet in the air and take a picture. Unfortunately there are enough ignorant people out there that is actually a market for such stuff.
    I saw that. And thought it was a step in the right direction with the release.
    Then the pic of the bass in the air.
    Complete disrespect.

Albiealert my thoughts on this are while the father may have lead him down the path to being an *sshole, at some point he is what he makes him self to be.
    He sees all the comments and then shows how disrespectful he is in that pic of the "release".

What a low life he and his "buddies" are.
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

Hello. My name is Capt Derek Bielitz. I am the owner and operator of the Fisher Price IV out of the Highlands. This post was brought to my attention by one of my customers who saw it. I would first like to say that i do not personally know who anyone of you on here are or if any of you have ever fished with me before. I saw that some of my posts from other sites were pasted on here. And i will be the first to tell you that what i post is the truth. I have good days and bad days in fishing. I am a full time professional charter boat captain. This is what i do 12 months a year. I do not have any other job than fishing. I am 31 years old and have been working as a mate and captain for the past 16 years. I have seen the fishery when it was tough as well as when it had been great. I will also be the first person to say that there are not as many bass around as in recent years. I will also admit that there are more keepers around and less shorts. As for what i kill on my boat. I follow all laws in both NY and NJ waters. My customers spend their hard earned money to go out on fishing trips with me and when they like to take their limit who am i to tell them they cant. I also let my customers use their bonus cards to a certain point. I do not take my limit or my mates limit on any trip. If the customer wants to use their bonus card in the beginning of the season on a smaller fish than so be it. I do support catch and release and i can tell you i had a trip the other day where we landed 50 or 52 bass all day and only kept one fish for the table cause it was gut hooked and bleeding out. I encourage my guys to release all fish 30 lbs or bigger cause they are your breeding fish and we need to keep the stock up and have fish for our future generations to experience. This is my first and last post on this site. I also find it hard to believe that this post hasnt even been shut down already after reading through it. Every post that was taken from another site and posted no one was breaking the law they did what they were allowed to do.

chad hacker
    Last edited by DarkSkies; 05-21-2013 at 03:42 AM. Reason: Removed personal address - Sorry Capt we cannot allow personal info on a public forum - Thanks for your opinion, and Welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Derek Fisher Price 4 View Post
    Hello. My name is Capt Derek Bielitz. I saw that some of my posts from other sites were pasted on here. And i will be the first to tell you that what i post is the truth. I have good days and bad days in fishing. I am a full time professional charter boat captain. This is what i do 12 months a year. I do not have any other job than fishing. I am 31 years old and have been working as a mate and captain for the past 16 years. I have seen the fishery when it was tough as well as when it had been great. I will also be the first person to say that there are not as many bass around as in recent years. I will also admit that there are more keepers around and less shorts. As for what i kill on my boat. I follow all laws in both NY and NJ waters. My customers spend their hard earned money to go out on fishing trips with me and when they like to take their limit who am i to tell them they cant. I also let my customers use their bonus cards to a certain point. I do not take my limit or my mates limit on any trip. If the customer wants to use their bonus card in the beginning of the season on a smaller fish than so be it. I do support catch and release and i can tell you i had a trip the other day where we landed 50 or 52 bass all day and only kept one fish for the table cause it was gut hooked and bleeding out. I encourage my guys to release all fish 30 lbs or bigger cause they are your breeding fish and we need to keep the stock up and have fish for our future generations to experience. This is my first and last post on this site. I also find it hard to believe that this post hasnt even been shut down already after reading through it. Every post that was taken from another site and posted no one was breaking the law they did what they were allowed to do.
    My opinion on the above two posts.
    They are the reason that threads like this should exist. They at the least get people talking.
    For me its good to hear Capt Derek Bielitz thoughts and what his opinions are.
    The pics in this thread show lots of bass dead. You point out the lack of bass recently. This thread brings attention to the problem. Calls out some who are killing lots of bass. Its all true (pics to prove it). At some point regulations will have to be changed, threads like this may help gain momentum in that direction. People need to be called out, it would be different if there were lots of lies in these posts. But they are all facts.

Wake up people, to many bass are being killed.
    They were slaughtered on their way to spawn and the killing will continue with the snag and drop.
    Just because its legal does not remove responsibility.

Thank you Hookset for this thread

** (Edit)
    Last edited by DarkSkies; 05-21-2013 at 03:47 AM. Reason: Let's Keep this civil and respectful, People. ALL have a right to voice their opinion Equally

This was in post 30 of this thread. I am asking you folks to adhere to the guidelines I set out.
    I am still hoping we can have a respectful, adult, discussion here.
    You are all entitled to your opinions.
    Threats will not be tolerated no matter which side they came from.

**I am counting on you all to act like adults and treat each other with the same respect you would want to be treated.
    There are no time-outs or infractions in this site.
    2. We act like adults and most are good with that avoiding profanity and insults.
    3. If ANYONE can't follow those guidelines you are not needed or welcome here.

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
    Hookset, I thought about the things you said and your reasons behind them. As you have lived and fished through the moratorium I will try to give you a little leeway, but not much.
    Please - do not make any character assumptions of anyone. If they are not here to defend themselves I feel very strongly about enforcing that.

I, or you, would want the same courtesy given to me if that were the case for us.

That being said, you and the members here have a constitutionally protected right to share your opinion about what is being caught and kept, and your opinions on the state of the fishery.
    I will try to protect your right to voice your opinion within reason, but will not tolerate personal attacks on someone, whether they are members here or not.
    Some changes or deletions may eventually be needed in this thread. I have less time to moderate now. We will see where it leads.

As long as you folks can have adult discussions, and stick to the issues at hand, I'll try to keep this thread open, and try to allow you all to express your opinion, as guaranteed in your first Amendment rights......but please keep in mind that I am expecting you to all act like adults.

Along those lines, anything anyone can post
    A. about the fishery now,
    B. as compared to the moratorium years,
    C. or what it was like then, and why you feel comparisons should be made to now.,
    are all part of a constructive discussion, and could help to educate the folks out there who do not know....

Additionally...
    1. Please bear in mind that when someone goes on a charter, as has been mentioned here several times, there is no way to determine if they fish once a year, once a month, or once a week.

2. We should all allow others the same consideration that we would want in return.

3. If you feel these types of action are a problem, please be adult in stating why, or why not.

4. If you can back your opinions with data, that would be very helpful, and in line with promoting an adult discussion.
    Thanks, people.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
    This was in post 30 of this thread. I am asking you folks to adhere to the guidelines I set out.
    I am still hoping we can have respectful, adult, discussion here.
    You are all entitled to your opinions.
    Threats will not be tolerated no matter which side they came from.
    Thank you.
    Again I'll thank Hookset for starting this thread, its ruffled a few feathers of the meat men of New jersey and that's a great thing.

Indiscriminately killing Striped Bass has to stopped, as others have said we are on the path to another striped bass moratorium unless something is drastically changed.

I thought other sites were bad but this one has it beat. Bunch of grown man whining and complaining about keeping your "Limit". This will be my only post, you guys need to get out more stop worrying about who is catching what. If you don't like it, do something about it instead hiding behind your computer ranting and posting pics from Charters and Party boats here. Bunch of grown man acting like *******! LOL!!!

MEAT MAN IN THE HOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Meat Man View Post
    I thought other sites were bad but this one has it beat. Bunch of grown man whining and complaining about keeping your "Limit". This will be my only post, you guys need to get out more stop worrying about who is catching what. If you don't like it, do something about it instead hiding behind your computer ranting and posting pics from Charters and Party boats here. Bunch of grown man acting like *******! LOL!!!

MEAT MAN IN THE HOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Exactly, keep killing them, there is an endless amount of bass. They will never be wiped out. No chance. So why worry? Our kids will have plenty of Striped Bass to fish for.
    Bonus tags for everyone, meat for the the whole neighborhood, meat man in the house!!! Keep raising the fishing pressure on the Striped Bass, nothing to worry about.....

One question.
    In a few years when there are no bass around how are the Charter boats and Party boat families going to make a living? Not to worry?

You meatball

Quote Originally Posted by Monty View Post
    Exactly, keep killing them, there is an endless amount of bass. They will never be wiped out. No chance. So why worry? Our kids will have plenty of Striped Bass to fish for.
    Bonus tags for everyone, meat for the the whole neighborhood, meat man in the house!!! Keep raising the fishing pressure on the Striped Bass, nothing to worry about.....

One question.
    In a few years when there are no bass around how are the Charter boats and Party boat families going to make a living? Not to worry?

You meatball

Again, take your rant to someone who cares. That is right, I'll go out this weekend and keep my three fish limit. You can't do sh*t about it. I'll show you my meatballs!!! I like your Get bent logo, pretty sure your good at it.

Again, take your rant to someone who cares. That is right, I'll go out this weekend and keep my three fish limit. You can't do sh*t about it. I'll show you my meatballs!!! I like your Get bent logo, pretty sure your good at it.
    I thought I could get you to post again. Sure you don't want to be a regular poster? You are funny. And provide a great example of what is wrong with some of the people in this sport.

Trust me, I'll get ban in no time because I just don't give a f*ck! I live for today, not tomorrow. Life is to short.

Trust me, I'll get ban in no time because I just don't give a f*ck! I live for today, not tomorrow. Life is to short.
    I don't know about that banning thing, I think your entertaining. If you need someone to vouch for ya I'm here for ya.You could post about killing bass, I'll call you a meatball, you could flip me off. At least a day or two before that gets old. You have anything intelegent to post on why there is no need to worry about the down turn in the bass population? Why there is a big down turn in small bass being caught?

Disclaimer, if meatman turns out to be 15 years old please delete my posts in this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty View Post
    I don't know about that banning thing, I think your entertaining. If you need someone to vouch for ya I'm here for ya.You could post about killing bass, I'll call you a meatball, you could flip me off. At least a day or two before that gets old. You have anything intelegent to post on why there is no need to worry about the down turn in the bass population? Why there is a big down turn in small bass being caught?

Disclaimer, if meatman turns out to be 15 years old please delete my posts in this conversation.
    I just took a glance at your pics. You should practice what you preach, I saw some big bass you were holding. You hyprocrite. I would love to run into you one day. I'll be down the Highlands Friday. If you want to join me for a brew. I would love to hear your bullsh*t! LMAO!!!

I just took a glance at your pics. You should practice what you preach, I saw some big bass you were holding. You hyprocrite. I would love to run into you one day. I'll be down the Highlands Friday. If you want to join me for a brew. I would love to hear your bullsh*t! LMAO!!!
    That pic is from 3 or 4 years ago, kept 3 bass that year and 1 since. But I have never stated there is anything wrong with keeping striped bass. Its the excessive killing by individuals or groups. The bonus tag in my opinion is a waste of a bass. Guys that are killing multiple big bass each week, chest pounders that are wasting striped bass. I also believe that is the predominant thought of the posters in this thread. There is an enourmous amount of pressure put on the striped bass population by the recreational fisherman. Snag and drop is killing to many breeding size bass. Regulations need to be changed to protect the bass from recreational fisherman. My .02

Took me a while to get on here but....

Hookset. I just want to let you know that you are barking up the wrong tree. First off, have you ever fished aboard my vessel??? I know you have not, so you have no right to judge myself or anyone else. Second of all, If you are so tough why haven't you come down to our marina and said something to us rather than running your mouth on the internet.

Here is how it goes on the LONGSHOT. WE DO NOT ALLOW BONUS TAGS, BUT WE DO ALLOW CAPTAIN AND CREW( 2 fish less than 6 bonus tags). WE educate our customers on the history of the striped bass population. For example I explain how when I was a kid my grandfather wouldn't take me bass fishing because it "wasn't worth it" From there WE explain how if they choose to take a big bass they are not only killing one fish but thousands.

The state says my customers are allowed to harvest 2 fish per man at 28" + and a bonus fish if they choose to "PURCHASE" that 3rd fish. What are we supposed to do??? Tell our customers they cant keep what the are allowed by law?? There have been many trips this year where we on the LONGSHOT have come home with LESS THAN A LIMIT because we released big fish early.

Heres a video of LONGSHOT W/ a revival of a nice bass..... THIS IS THE WAY WE OPERATE fast fwd to 3:30 .http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8fC1dSsGDA

"Thank you monty. I mean I don't begrudge a person who comes out a few times a year, to catch and eat their limits, including bonus tags. What if you only fish twice a season. Then you should take every last morsel of bass because it has to last "

So you agree with our customers coming out once in the spring and once in the fall and keeping limits plus???? Im kind of confused here?

Quote Originally Posted by LongshotChris View Post
    "Thank you monty. I mean I don't begrudge a person who comes out a few times a year, to catch and eat their limits, including bonus tags. What if you only fish twice a season. Then you should take every last morsel of bass because it has to last "

So you agree with our customers coming out once in the spring and once in the fall and keeping limits plus???? Im kind of confused here?
    That quote was Hookset's not mine.

I think 3 bass per person is to many. The bonus tag should be no more. Actually I believe in a lot stricter regulations but that was not the question.
    The person keeping the limit + bonus tag is perfectly legal, well within his/her rights.

But in my opinion on a whole it is very short sighted. It contributes to depleting the striped bass and their ability to sustain a healthy population.
    The regulations need and likely will be changed to protect them from over fishing (which I believe is happening).

But I also think this thread is not so much about the person making 1-2 fishing trips per season but the ones (boat and surf) who kill an excessive amount of Striped Bass over the season.

For the captain/boat who understands this and supports this I am thankful and understand that they need to make a living and if it takes keeping the 3 bass at times to get customers so be it. But in the future the limit may not even be two bass if something does not change soon.

To sum up my opinion, I think the major problem is in the regulations, they need to be much stricter to protect the Striped Bass from the recreational fisherman because to many recreational fisherman do not care one bit about the Striped Bass population or lack of it.
    That's what I believe.

Hookset and Monty should get job with NMFS. They sound just like those clowns. Chris, I wouldn't waste my time on these two clowns. I know you run a top notch business. Exactly, what I'm saying you want to call out charter boats. Come down in person to Tagged Fish, Fish Stixx and Long Shot and all the other boats you mentioned run your mouth in person instead of hiding behind your computer. Put an end to all this drama.

run your mouth in person instead of hiding behind your computer. Put an end to all this drama.
    How about you show us how intelligent you are instead of acting like a 5 year old in a playground? Meat man appropriate name. I thought since you claim you read this thread you might have some valid points about the state of the strioed bass fishery today.
    How long have you been fishing?
    Did you fish for bass during the moratorium or have you only been fishing for them since you were in junior high last year?
    What do your bass logs show during the last 20 years. Can you document that the bass are now healthier than ever?
    What about the YOY last year showing bass at the lowest numbers ever?
    What about the verfiable stats showing that the aggregate striped bass catches, coastwide, have been decliniing for the last 3 years. (except in your world)

these are all veriafiable facts I stated and can be found here or supported by a simple search on the internet. I guess when you are in high school it is hard to do these searches because they are not available as an app on your iphone.
    Just 2 or 3 of the questions I asked above, show us what you know about striped bass.
    Other than you telling us you are the biggest stud in the sandbox.
    Next you will be on here telling us you are the biggest stud in your high school, Wow junior year must be really awesome. Will be even better when you get to be a high school senior next year
    how about an intelligent discussion on any of the points mentioned above?

Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast