Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: NJ Fishing Reports for Nov 2014...www.StripersAndAnglers.com

Fished moco from 5-7am outgoing tide. Man was it cold and windy. The winds really messed up the surf and there is a whole line of chocolate covered water. Zippo for me. Good job shark and hooked.

Quote Originally Posted by finchaser View Post
    maybe this winter we can all get together for a beer or coffee at a mutually agreed upon place always good to put faces to screen names and make new friends

finchaser: Sounds good to me. The OFFC is in. Let us know when.

Had only a small amount of time to fish this morning. Got one short dragging an ava 007 in the Moco surf. It's pretty clean and nice out. Cold as hell. Dress warm gents.

Thanks for the heads up on the cold, hookset. Just got done. 3:30 to 5:30 am in moco. Too cold - can't wait for the temperatures to go up a bit 2 hours was all I could handle. Picked up one short on a white storm shad.

Since the wind settled down i figured id brave the cold and give it a shot last night..Fished 8pm till 12am..Water looked good and the wind was minimal..But so were the fish managed 1 short about 22in to save me from a cold skunking..He hit a sluggo..Had a 1 other hit on the next cast but that was all..Stayed till i couldnt feel my finger tips...I will say that last little blow changed alot at some of the spots ive been fishing!

Finally made it out front first time this year 3:30 pm to 6:30 pm had 6 short bass and 1 fat 29"bass all still swimming all on Mucho minnow my friend jerry had 9 on Mambo minnow they wouldn't touch the SP or anything else but slammed small minnows. water was 47 screaming current running south to north for some unknown reason.

One other note there was skim ice on the beaver dam creek this morning for the first time

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

they wouldn't touch the SP or anything else but slammed small minnows. water was 47 screaming current running south to north for some unknown reason.

One other note there was skim ice on the beaver dam creek this morning for the first time
    Yep its getting cold out. Fished OC from 4-6am and picked up 4 short bass. Tried the black SP as well. The only thing that worked for me was a redfin. Fish were in tight and hit hard. By 6 it was over. I took a reading this morning of 46 degrees finchaser. Good to see some out there taking their own temerature readings. This could be the last push of fish before thanksgiving and the death rats with them. Damn was it cold out. No one else fishing the beach I was on.

Congrats fellas! moco from 7-8. Might have got out a tad too late. The water has cleaned up and the wind knocked the swell down. Clean beautiful water and early sun. Peaceful. Little too peaceful. Did not see any birds working. Skunk for me.

Nice going gents. finchaser I read where you said you haven't fished the beaches yet this year. Glad to see you caught fish on your first time out. Thanks for the advice on the mucho minnows. Guess they would work with all the small bait around.

Was forced to the beach back waters have dropped ^^^ sure would work at 4 1/2 inches and 7/8 ounce they cast great plus they swim in real skinny water. They are a knock off of the old mega bait JB 110

Way to go finchaser. Thanks for sharing about the mucho minnows as well. If I could ask what color has been the best producer for you?
    I fished moco this morning from 4:30-6:30. Was tossing a chicken scratch bomber and got one short striper at 25". He hit right in tight to the beach and close to sunrise. Ocean is like a lake and its cold out but wasnt that windy so it was bearable.

the yellow one and the all black

Nice job Fin never seen those Mucho minnows..Gonna have to find some and pick a few up! Got out last night fished from 4 till 10pm..Not a tap just some frozen fingers! Beaches were we fished were desserted.. Figures im off till Wednesday..And can sleep in so why would the fish cooperate haha...Me and my buddy are gonna trek S today down to OC..Havent been down that way in a while so it will be nice to fish some of my old haunts...And i hope we can raise a few!

Blazin Reel Seat in Brielle stocks them all, yep I did the same time and place and we all struck out last night what were we thinking to get 2 good days in a row only. Only saw 1 micro bass caught this morning, looks like the start of the death rats

we all struck out last night what were we thinking to get 2 good days in a row only. Only saw 1 micro bass caught this morning, looks like the start of the death rats
    Yes hoping to catch stripers 2 nights in a row has become like chasing a unicorn. It's a shame. Thanks for the pics finchaser will have to check the muchos out. I fished moco from 6-8:30 tonight top of the tide and what I thought were perfect conditions. The ocean was a little too flat though, none of montys white water. Skunk city for me, threw the bag. Hope some of you fellas did better than me.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	11-22.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	32.1 KB 
ID:	19089Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01137.jpg 
Size:	33.0 KB 
ID:	19088
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01134.jpg 
Size:	32.3 KB 
ID:	19090

Had some significant ice this am in the lagoon, delayed our trip out on boat. There is more birds and bait then bass really, had to really work at it to get 9 fish, most on the troll too. They just aren't thick. Guys are claiming sand eels but i don't know. Saw reports guys saying bass spitting them up but i dont think I ever saw a bass spit up a sand eel like a blue might

^^^^^OC this morning, 2 hours before sunrise. 2 small dinks right at first light, magdarter.
    Nice fish SH sounds like you went out and worked for em the old fashioned way. In that case boat fish do count - congrats. Stomach contents?

Hey at least you got some. good job guys. I spent the last 2 mornings fishing the brigantine area. There was no love for me on the beach except for plenty of dogfish and skates liking my clams. I brought another pole with me and threw bombers, sps, avas, bucktails, and rubber shads and eels. No striper love for me. To rub salt in the wound there has been a big fleet of boats far out. Apparently they are crushing them offshore. Well you could not tell it from the beach results it has been terrible for me. I feel like I have leprosy or something can't even catch one measly striper!

II fished late yesterday afternoon released 3 shorts on the new bomber long shot, casts and swims great. I'll put up pictures of this new plug later

The death rats are coming to your local beach soon. I've been at least 10 times in the last 2 weeks and haven't seen a sand eel yet only B&N sees them

Fished this morning from 1:00-9:30, balmy night.
    Picked up 3 shorts on the trip, missed a few bumps and hits.
    One around 2:30 on a metal lip swimmer, one on a Howdy false dawn and another on the small silent assassin around 8:30.
    Did not loose any fish this trip (put the barbs back on the plugs , that experiment is over).
    Fun time working a mile plus of beach, not a lot of big waves, but one hit me when I wasn't looking and knocked me on my @ss...wave came out of no where.

White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast