Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: NJ Fishing Reports April 2012 www.stripersandanglers.com

well i wen fishing in my spots and the year is just like the last i cant seem to get a keeper the small bass were hitting worms and clams in one spot six keepers were pulled up all nice size not cows but nice the night before last i was right by a shallow flat and in the moon light i saw bass breeding pairs going back and fourth that was nice thing to see but i am still batting 000% but in the last few days i have seen bass so its ok i can still get them blues when they come round another good thing a friend who allmost lost his life is back fishing Attachment 15138

A bucktail with bunker? Did you cut a bunker into strips or something?Awesome reports guys you even make the skunks entertaining. I have not been able to fish that much because of the gas prices. I do enjoy your reports and the back and forth. Keep em coming!

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
    Her 2nd trip of the year, and she out-fishes me...good for her.... ...damn proud of that girl.... ...I'm a lucky guy to have a girlfriend who actually wants to fish in the dead of night...
    dude u got beat by a girl lol! i dont kno i go fishing to get away from the chix when i want to see sum one i go to the go go rama and see all the femalez i need! the funny is she beat u dark and u fish all the time haha! i fished last nite in the rain it was disgusting and water was like yoohoo i kno ppl think it was crazy but the rain has been the time of the cows and we had 10 fresh bunker snagged from the river. we tried for 2 hours around high tide one 27" bass and no blufish guess they all went on vacation till after the storm. monty nice catching it must have been good to catch bass the rain does turn them on sumtimes and all the googans stay inside.

walked the beachs in the rb . just threw plugs . tide was going out . I did see a lot of blue fish heads and bones on the beach
    I did see enough bunker left on the beach were I don't think I would ever go to a bait shop again .

Quote Originally Posted by madcaster View Post
    I did see a lot of blue fish heads and bones on the beach
    I heard a rumor they all came from Monty and Rip...those bait fishing GOOGANS....

Quote Originally Posted by madcaster View Post
    I did see enough bunker left on the beach were I don't think I would ever go to a bait shop again .

Highly unlikely...don't you know there's a bunker shortage?

Madcaster you have mail.....

Quote Originally Posted by wish4fish View Post
    dude u got beat by a girl lol! i dont kno i go fishing to get away from the chix

W4Fish, Pebbles has mad skills, what can I say....
    She's fished at an inlet with me where she was high hook for the morning among all the anglers there.....

As for fishing artificials, and not bait.....I'll put her up against you any time.....If you lose you have to eat half a peanut bunker, no beer to wash it down....

If you win , I'll eat half a peanut bunker....
    Let me know when yer ready, bro....

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
    I heard a rumor they all came from Monty and Rip...those bait fishing GOOGANS....
    Professor Bunker you know better than that.
    Rip may be banging the slammers with bait......but I am still Gatorless for 2012 .....Associate me with bait.... Googan of the year 2011 yes.....bait no.......
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

So what if i get ring around the *** cheeks once in a while

Quote Originally Posted by rip316 View Post

Reaon number 7 as to why I don't fish bait.

Monty is right, folks, we were just having a little fun here...

And looking to irritate Finchaser a bit....so far, he hasn't taken the bait.....

..I don't think Monty has ever fished bait in his life...I think when the rest of us were 10 years old and digging worms for trout and catfish bait, Monty was out in his Dad's garage looking for pieces of aluminum and tin to try and invent another spinner or trout lure.....

Quote Originally Posted by rip316 View Post

Rip.....Yep, and there are so many ways this could happen, for you.....that I don't think I want to ask ya why.....

the bunker part I believe as you have have been slipping back to the dark side no pun intended

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

I do have to say the one night we went fishing and you asked if i had rubbers had me hoping you meant rain gear. Thank god it rained.

In todays times, it's perfectly acceptable to be gay, fellas. Brokeback buddies are all over. I was in Hoboken the other day and there were some guys who were very chummy. Be proud.

^^ In your dreams, bababooey....

Rip that was funny as hell. I almost fell out of my chair when I read that... Thanks for the laughs...

Quote Originally Posted by finchaser View Post
    the bunker part I believe as you have have been slipping back to the dark side no pun intended
    I've heard it said that sometimes you have to walk through the darkest nights, to be able to see the light of day...

Radio silence is now off folks, back to normal around here....
    I know I contacted some of ya's who were fishing regularly and asked ya's not to post this week as the tides were too convenient and easy to figure out.

We're having some access issues which may affect us down the road.
    Just one example:
    http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/...-I-Lose-Access

A lot of folks may not know of all the behind the scenes work I do to protect and preserve fisherman access, both in NJ and other states....

1. I maintain a presence on just about every internet fishing site out there for the express intention of educating other fishermen about Fisheries Management, Striped Bass Biomass discrepancies, Conservation Awareness, and Preserving Fishermen Access.

2. My tireless efforts have caused folks to remove too-specific videos from Youtube, or edit or privatize them.
    http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/...Camera-Newbies

3. Elsewhere, some discussions with site Moderators have caused them to take a look at some of their policies on publishing every fishing location imaginable, to the detriment of local homeowners.

4. Part of this is trying to keep a specific bite location from leaking out when only a few are catching and most are not...because naturally hordes of folks will tend to gravitate to an area when they start to hear stories of bigger fish...

5. I hope people aren't put off by this policy...the guys who fish a lot are already aware when the fishing is good. It seems the biggest complainers about the lack of specific locations, on other sites, and to some extent here, are folks who are lurkers and don't contribute very much to any community they belong to....so I read the complaints with a grain of salt.....and a realization that in the many online communities I belong to, I have made lasting friendships because I have a genuine interest in those communities...lurkers shouldn't carry any weight because they do not participate...Again, that's just my opinion, and part of a very strong belief system in the way I was raised.

So post your results if ya want, guys and gals....
    It's been a fantastic 3 weeks of fishing.....some great numbers...
    And as that fishing seems to be winding down....feel free to help folks out in any way you wish other than posting specific locations...

As always, that's what PMs are for....

thanks for understanding and congrats to all who were out there in all kinds of weather and crushing the fish....

I'll try to post my accumulation of reports when I get a chance....

NJ Bluefish Invasion:
    I tried to clue some folks in on it here...
    http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/...status-updates

but right now we are having one of the best bluefish bites we have had in NJ in years, right in Raritan Bay and the NY Bight...these fish have invaded the shores there and present some great opportunities for a full day of Family fun-filled fishing...if you can't find them, it's possible you may have to move around a bit as they are currently following the bait and tides, and part of the usual rules don't apply. I go into that in more detail in this thread, bluefish migration..
    http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/...fish-Migration

Your best bet for these fish is a bunker chunk....if you do this near the top of the tide you could be into non-stop action. Remember that the water has dropped in temp in the last few days, and this will affect the aggressiveness somewhat....

If you want them on artificials you will have to work a little harder.

The interesting thing is the mized sizes. As mentioned in the highlighted thread above the big blues migrate from Offshore, the East...and the little ones migrate along the coast....they are now in many East Coast Bay areas in full force and ready to do battle...

Contrary to fishermen myth, bluefish are more picky than you think, and pretty challenging to catch on artificials at night. To me, that's part of the fun....get out there and get yourself some Angry Bluefish.

Been crushing the bass and blues for two weeks, in the back. Bunker heads and chunks. Bunker were thick but thinned out a bit. Bass to 20lbs, blues to 14lbs. Hoo-rah. Fresh bunker is the ticket.

Great gator action after work in moco today. Bunker, gorillas, sore arms. Over 35 bluefish this afternoon with the biggest being 15#. On metal and poppers. Getting something to eat and some more line and may try to get out again.

We must be fishing the same water hookedonbass. I got 17 bass to 26 pounds this week, bunker, back. And the bluefish were such a nuisance, lost so many hooks to those basstids. Nice going on the blufish steve. Catch them all so we have more room for bass.

Quote Originally Posted by storminsteve View Post
    Bunker, gorillas, sore arms. Over 35 bluefish this afternoon with the biggest being 15#. On metal and poppers.
    Nice report SS, great action. Congrats to others w/blues and bass.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast