Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: NJ Fishing Reports April 2012 www.stripersandanglers.com

Quote Originally Posted by xtreme_visions View Post
    havent caught a blue yet if anyone is feeling generous and wants to point me in the right direction feel free to PM me .
    If you want blues go to the back of the bay. They hit the same places every year right around the end of day. Not too hard to find, look for the sailboats. Throw bunker chunks and hold on to your rod.
    Fished the front tonight, no bait in sight. No bluefish either. All bass, 4 to 13#, Swimmers and rubber.

1st keeper for me this eve on the out up a local creek. just under 32" and about 12lbs. using a 6" vision rigged sand eel bouncing along a shadowline. thought i was gunna see more action but that was it.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012-04-17_23-53-11_512.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	85.4 KB 
ID:	15130Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012-04-18_00-54-38_974.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	86.1 KB 
ID:	15131

Hit the back last night with my wife son and daughter. All the big blues you wanted with a few bass mixed in. lots of fun watching my kids struggling to reel in the blues. Fin you might have flipped out watching KK bait the hooks with chunks. she was loving it. good time with the family. Mr. and Mrs. Cardoc were with us too.

Nice report!!
    Welcome back, that must really have been great with the kids. Sounds like awesome action, perfect fishing family outing. And without a boat???

Quote Originally Posted by rip316 View Post
    Hit the back last night with my wife son and daughter. All the big blues you wanted with a few bass mixed in. lots of fun watching my kids struggling to reel in the blues. Fin you might have flipped out watching KK bait the hooks with chunks. she was loving it. good time with the family. Mr. and Mrs. Cardoc were with us too.
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

Quote Originally Posted by Monty View Post
    Nice report!!
    Welcome back, that must really have been great with the kids. Sounds like awesome action, perfect fishing family outing. And without a boat???
    No Uncle Monty, did not take the boat out. My contract at the marina starts May 1st. then my feet wont see sand until Nov. Oh and by the way, you know the 8' rod you gave me? well theres a bluefish out there laughing his *** off because it snapped 16" from the tip while fighting the fish. I have caught a lot of bass on that rod all fall. one bluefish and good night Irene.

Would have loved to see her,but I quess you had to bring a wife and since I didn't qualify you didn't call. Second thought you didn't want me to see her out fish you.Give her a hug for me.

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

I know boat and Kayak fish don't count but we had 38 bass yesterday to 27 pounds all on jigs and all released

No Uncle Monty, did not take the boat out. My contract at the marina starts May 1st. then my feet wont see sand until Nov. Oh and by the way, you know the 8' rod you gave me? well theres a bluefish out there laughing his *** off because it snapped 16" from the tip while fighting the fish. I have caught a lot of bass on that rod all fall. one bluefish and good night Irene.
    Was it like a 40 inch Gator at least? Darn, I didn't mention it was for Bass only?
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

way to go ladies and gents i can dream of big fish from your reports

Quote Originally Posted by zev View Post
    1st keeper for me this eve on the out up a local creek. just under 32" and about 12lbs. using a 6" vision rigged sand eel bouncing along a shadowline. thought i was gunna see more action but that was it.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012-04-17_23-53-11_512.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	85.4 KB 
ID:	15130Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012-04-18_00-54-38_974.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	86.1 KB 
ID:	15131
    Zev thats a real nice bass there. What is that baitfish hanging out of its mouth?

Wow congrats on the catches guys! Finchaser, zev, rip, jigfreak. I got one bluefish on a shad last night. Tore it up., one and done. There were a lot of bunker around but it didn't seem like there were too many fish eating where I was. Maybe next time.
    Welcome back Rip!

Worked my area with plugs . lots of happy bunker playing around. snaged a few for a furture bait trip. I did see a bass caught. not sure what bait he was using . His pole almost got dragged in

Quote Originally Posted by cowherder View Post
    Zev thats a real nice bass there. What is that baitfish hanging out of its mouth?
    yea nice little fight on a daiwa capricorn 4000 and a 7" st cr premiere. felt good. about the bait fish --i was hoping someone here would know. me and my uncle were trying to figure it out before but came up empty. anyone?

Thanks Cowhereder. Back at it tonight and all I can say is my arms are tired. Fin, do you really want to come? honestly? let me know. KK said hello and hopes u r well. She got her braces yesterday so if we are ever jigging and run out we can make something out of her teeth. lol.

WTG on the fish, guys and girls.

RIP good to talk to you yesterday...Glad to see you and the Cardoc Family got out together and that KK got some fish.

Bluefish are lots of fun and make kids and adults alike happy. They are worthy adversaries...as you said what bass would have ended the fight with you having a broken rod?....nope...that honor goes to the bluefish...and some of them lately have been big mean and nasty....

The water temps have spiked up and with them the action....blues still not consistently hitting plugs or metal from the shore but that could change this weekend.

I sent a newer kayaker out there in the bay yesterday with the advice to use metal and he did pretty well with fish up to 35", so the shore metal bite can't be too far behind.... Catch em up, people.

Thanks dark, hope we see bluefish in the ocean soon. Fished a CM beach this morning on the outgoing tide. Got 2 skates, one doggie, and 1 27" bass. Clams.

I tried ocean county above seaside today around sunrise. Plugs, bucktails, and tsunami shads.

Thanks Cowhereder. Back at it tonight and all I can say is my arms are tired. Fin, do you really want to come? honestly? let me know. K said hello and hopes u r well. She got her braces yesterday so if we are ever jigging and run out we can make something out of her teeth. Lil.
    Only if KK baits my hooks and is my partner, i may just take you up on that,

Well the pain in the a_s bunker schools are here and stretched for miles with no fish under them. That didn't stop the snag and drop crew from stopping and snagging away. But then again bunker makes everyone a bass fisherman. Since it was super slow the headboats even stopped on the Bunker and let the people snag away to kill time.
    , as we disscussed this on our cell phones. Fishing was slow mostly do to the south winds that will be with until Monday but we ended up with a 16# and 18# both jigged on a spot with good marks no bunker or birds. We ate them raw on the boat only kidding we released them.

All head boats are now fishing bass as no one wants the good eating bottom fish,

Quote Originally Posted by finchaser View Post
    All head boats are now fishing bass as no one wants the good eating bottom fish,
    Very true finchaser. The striped bass has risen to the top of the demand heap and most folks want to fill those coolers every time.

Nice going finchaser. At least you got some decent ones. I fished upper ocean county this morning above the park and got one bass on clam. 31". A few others were caught. All action died once the sun broke through.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast