Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: NJ Fishing Reports for September 2013.....wwwStripersAndAnglers.com

Quote Originally Posted by hookset View Post
    Agreed. By this time every year I usually have more than a handful of keeper bass. They are not around in numbers yet. Some decent schoolie and weakfish action in the back bays but mostly small fish. Club guys and friends from work were at montauk last night and no one did anything worth bragging about, a few runts and blues.

Tomorrow is the first day of Fall. The famous harvest moon. Where are all the fish that are supposed to be here. Striped bass are not overfished? Tell me another tall tale.
    http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/...he-board/page2

Fishing report, fished a moco beach this morning picked up 2 runts on small swimmer.
    Thanks for the intel hookset. Even Montauk sucks right now? that's bad news.

out this morning got 2 short bass at 6:19 and again at 6:30. I had a couple taps in between. I was trying to get my buddies attention to come get on the fish but he was too far away and it caused me to not hook up anymore- next time he is on his own. Fishing an ava with green tube but they both hit on my clouser minnow teaser.

Nice going rob. You said my teaser. Did you make it. Any pics?
    I fished somoco this afternoon. Was in the area where the surfers were. Threw metal a ava27. Only one sea robin for me,

yes sir I tie all my teasers. probably won't be able to see it in the pic to well.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20130921_0618021118518726.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	73.8 KB 
ID:	17595

Quote Originally Posted by robmedina View Post
    yes sir I tie all my teasers. probably won't be able to see it in the pic to well.
    Nice, gotta like catching on your own teasers.
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

baitstealer- I am posting a better pic of the teaser incase that was what you were asking for.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20130922_070358-2047758417.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	71.9 KB 
ID:	17596

Nice job with the teaser rob. They are working for me too. Fished nomoco last night and got a few blues to 5#. Teaser and diamond jig on incoming tide. Got out of there before the rain.

well i havnt posted for a while figgered let ledhead do the posting for us. lots of croakers and spot still around we r chunking the spot for some blues and maybe a nice weakfish. last nite they said storms so i stayed close was out there before the rain got some spots put in bucket with aerator. then the rain got heavy so went to ggr for some ******* and beer. got the digits for a hot brazillian chick. then it stopped so i brought the spot back to the spot, lol. no bass or weakfish but got sum blues to 9 pounds cause some mullet came by and they were there. they were good for about an hour after the rain stopped than everything died so i went home and crashed.
    oh i forgot to add the spot and croaker are thinning out.

You lost me after hot brazillian chick!

dude u got to work the pimp hand most of the zillians are just out for one thing its the dollar parade they say all sorts of stuff. i find the ones that r just off the boat and tell them my friend has another bar where they can make more cheddar. sumtimes it works and sometimes it dont at least the zilllians will put out and you got a shot at a meet up. the russians are hotter but they are cold fish and usually come and go in the big vans wit the russian mobs so u really dont want to mess wit that. stick with the zillians they kno what time it is.

Went kayaking with my brother and friend yesterday looking for something actally capable of pulling drag.

When we launched at a southern location in the RB the water was dead flat . Launching in the surf was not a possibility with the forecast of 15-25mph winds predicted.

We started by splitting up and trolling around for a while with no hits. Lots of smaller bait around including spearing, peanuts and mullet. I also saw some scattered bunker around. We ended up just shy of the coast guard station at the hook about 5-6 miles from where we launched before we decided to turn around.

After a while we switched over to some bottom fishing. Spots and croakers were coming up with spots greatly outnumbering the croakers for once.

I ended up getting a nice weakfish and buddy caught one as well.

Wind was kicking up and we started to make our way back against a 15-20mph wind and a full moon tide. The waves were pretty bad..took a few dozen over the bow and go totally soaked. I had 4-6" of water in my hull that I'm not sure if it was from taking water over the bow or a leak. I've suspected I may have a small leak since two trips ago but I never got this much water.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	82.3 KB 
ID:	17597

Rob, nice job catching on your own teaser

wish4fish I'd like to see more of your reports they are certainly entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by J Barbosa View Post
    wish4fish I'd like to see more of your reports they are certainly entertaining.
    Agree, more entertaining than ledhead's, I vote for wish4fish to do the reporting for the ledhead/wish4fish team.

Real nice weakfish JB
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

Quote Originally Posted by wish4fish View Post
    the russians are hotter but they are cold fish and usually come and go in the big vans wit the russian mobs so u really dont want to mess wit that. stick with the zillians they kno what time it is.
    Haha quote of the week! Russian mobs, fishing, and the dollar parade you never know what the next report might say here. Glad to see you got some fishing in wish4fish. Be careful driving at night there have been some DWI patrols on Rt 36 on the weekends. If you guys ever need a wing man let me know!

Got out in the dark this morning after the rain. There was an awesome fog on the beach. Fished more in moco than nomoco. Picked up 6 short bass on the ava and redgill combo and one bluefish. Most hit the redgill. The bite died around slack. It was tough to wade out with the low water and waves.I took a coffee break and returned. Picked up again 1 hour into the incoming, Fished 3-8am.
    Nice going on the weakfish JB! Question when you were getting the croakers and spot were you using clams or worms and what worked better?

Nice reports fellas. Missed the alarm this moriining. When I opened my eyes saw the bright sun and knew it was too late. w4f would love to be a fly on the wall as you work the pimp hand. Wear a go pro take it to one of the networks I'm sure people would watch.

Good catching guys.

Nice to see my fellow jersey fishermen are catching. I try to follow this to see where things are at relative to stripers moving. I have only got one bass so far this month but we did have some bluefish move to the rivers. Best of luck and thanks for the reports

Quote Originally Posted by storminsteve View Post
    Question when you were getting the croakers and spot were you using clams or worms and what worked better?
    Sand worms.

I was getting severely out fished by a friend at first and took notice. The difference was that he would jig his bait occasionally.

I started to do the same thing and noticed that often when I went to lift (jig) the bait the spot was already on the hook but I never felt the fish take it. I'm not sure if this is a "spot" thing or if the fish were just lethargic.

Quote Originally Posted by wish4fish View Post
    then it stopped so i brought the spot back to the spot, lol. no bass or weakfish but got sum blues to 9 pounds cause some mullet came by and they were there. oh i forgot to add the spot and croaker are thinning out.
    SPOT Burner!

Quote Originally Posted by Monty View Post
    Agree, more entertaining than ledhead's, I vote for wish4fish to do the reporting for the ledhead/wish4fish team.

Real nice weakfish JB
    Oh so that's how you really feel. Thank you very much sir.
    Just remember that he's a legend in is own mind. He's a big tipper and sometimes they do give him phony #s. He has had some nice strippers as temporary girlfriends so I have to give him props for that.

Nice reports. As wish said it does seem the croaker are thinning out each week. Seems like the weakfish are thinning out too. Spot and croaker in the Navesink seem to be less. The harbors and places near deep water still do hold some nice ones though. Nice weakie JB.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast