Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: NJ Fishing Reports for July 2014.....www.StripersAndAnglers.com

Quote Originally Posted by finchaser View Post
    Monty welcome home

Quote Originally Posted by seamonkey View Post
    Nice doubleheader monty. What kind of teaser is that?
    Just a white deceiver.
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

The NJ report thread was just not the same without pictures of Monty's doubles.

welcome back!

NIce report Monty! And gotta love double header blues!! I was out in the AM yesterday but that NE wind made it tuff only managed 8 shorts....Took a long walk with nada but some bites...Should have stayed in the first spot ...Also tried the rocks in the early AM but water was dirty and a bit too ruff to fluke..Be back out tomorrow some where!

Quote Originally Posted by J Barbosa View Post
    The NJ report thread was just not the same without pictures of Monty's doubles.

welcome back!
    IMO Monty's double headers are legendary.
    He was feeliing bad about his hookup ratio....it's not that easy to catch bluefish on artificials when they're focused on very small bait.....
    It puzzles me how some claim all you have to do is put a hook on a spoon and they will commit suicide.....
    To those folks who think it's so easy....I challenge them to catch double digits of bluefish at night on artificials...when small bait is the forage.....
    It really is difficult and challenging.....
    Monty's double header was an example of the insane effort he puts into it on his once a week trips....he casts like a madman in a frenzy.....so into it he's been known to trip over his own two feet....
    When Monty's out there....he's really out there.....
    You did well, compared to what some of the rest of us are doing at night..... now that fire in the water is making it tough.....well-done.

Quote Originally Posted by surferman View Post
    I am not sure but I think I remember reading something like finchasers private pond on here. So I dont think he is actually at a pond but it must be someplace where there is a lot of bait.
    I have also seen dark refer to him as an old salty so maybe he has mad skills. Congrats on the catching finchaser that is awesome!
    I don't know about old salty....
    IMO he's just old....
    mad.....
    moldy...and salty.....

He and the other old farts do try to key in on bait, though....they can tell you what type of bait it is...why it's probably there....and know by their logs when each type should be in each area.....

Quote Originally Posted by storminsteve View Post
    I did a search here.
    He is written up in these threads in case you want to read them. supposably he used to fish for nights at a time and sleep in his car like dark does. lol.
    http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/...h-back-in-time

http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/...seminar-series
    It's not too late to sign up for the finchaser seminars....Special July and August discounts....Extra discount if you bring tea & crumpets, or an Obama poster for finchaser..... to the first seminar...

Quote Originally Posted by ledhead36 View Post
    From all the posts and threads that guy finchaser has on this site it seems like he is one of the
    1. saltwater fishing legends.
    2. Old and grouchy salt.
    He has probably forgot more about fishing than most of us will ever know.
    Part 1...Yes, absolutely.........
    Part 2...without a doubt.......
    Part 3....probably true.......

Nice reports guys. I fished atlantic county yesterday before the people came to the beach. The surf was high and the water was not too clean. Caught the skunk.

All 6 of us got blanked today nice ugly brown water thought I was in Raritan bay

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

^^^^^^^ Hey watch what you say about raritan bay thats my home waters.
    We fished last night for croakers. did pretty good got them up to 16". They were hitting clams or gulp bloodworms equally. First 2 hours after high tide seemed to be the best action then it went downhill after that. Have done good on the 2 hours before high tide as well. Rich the water cleaned up but the fire in the water you mentioned is still there. Doesn't seem to affect bait fishing or the croakers tho.

Fished moco for an hour this morning. Saw spearing in the water. windy as heck. Managed 2 short fluke. White gulp shad with same for teaser. Lots of snapper blues around too.

Hey ledhead I say let him trash the raritan bay. We will send everyone looking for finchaser since he is still catching bass in July.

Nice job on the croakers too.

We will send everyone looking for finchaser since he is still catching bass in July.
    The nerve of finchaser to still be catching bass in July! Who does he think he is? Maybe he's too good to go fluking like the rest of us.
    (please don't send the hit men after me finchaser I was just busting balls)
    Nice going on the croakers ledhead.

I'll have you know I fluked on Saturday and Sunday the past weeks in a row. I love buck tailing fluke plus you can eat them. Had it again for dinner last night with my lump crab meat stuffing.

Here's a bass I released Sunday while fluking from the boat in the river.

Sorry, boat fish don't count.

Your rules

Sorry, boat fish don't count.

Your rules
    Same as Kayak unless your on terra firma it's a boat fish

Same as Kayak unless your on terra firm it's a boat fish
    I think we can both agree that both kayak and boat fluke taste delicious even if they don't count.

I think we can both agree that both kayak and boat fluke taste delicious even if they don't count.

I'm with you pal

Same as Kayak unless your on terra firm it's a boat fish

As long as you are not part of the snag and drop crew it's ok.
    Fished moco from high tide today and one hour after. Managed one short bass, and 2 fluke. One at 17". One at 22" which was lunch an hour ago. Gulp shrimp with the same teaser. There are a lot of snappers in the surf. I would recommend not using the gulp swimming mullet because they tend to bite the tails off. A fairly good amount of spearing and rainfish in the surf as well. Light northeast wind was pleasant and not bad. Overcast conditions.

Nice going bucket. Thanks for the report about the bait in the surf. Seems like it took a longer time to show up this year.

Fished the back last night from 8-10 ocean county. Few short bass on pink fin S.

Good to hear there are still some stripers around. It can only get better from now on.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast