Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: NJ Fishing Reports for July 2014.....www.StripersAndAnglers.com

Nice job FC ~.~

finchaser do you fish from the surf or do you spend all your time on boat in the bay and river.Because every time I'm on this site you catch stripers. When most fisherman are not catching off the surf..

Quote Originally Posted by striperhunter View Post
    finchaser do you fish from the surf or do you spend all your time on boat in the bay and river.Because every time I'm on this site you catch stripers. When most fisherman are not catching off the surf..
    striperhunter I am not sure but I think I remember reading something like finchasers private pond on here. So I dont think he is actually at a pond but it must be someplace where there is a lot of bait. I have also seen dark refer to him as an old salty so maybe he has mad skills. I wish we had that kind of action in cape may county in the summer like you guys in the north have. Usually when you hear of 8 summer stripers being caught in cape may its because 8 guys were fishing and caught one a piece!
    Congrats on the catching finchaser that is awesome!

Ditto on what surferman said. I don't know him but allegedly he can pull fish out of a rain puddle. Finchaser great job!

Hey striperhunter. I did a search here.
    He is written up in these threads in case you want to read them. supposably he used to fish for nights at a time and sleep in his car like dark does. lol.
    http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/...h-back-in-time

http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/...seminar-series

Fished 2 nights in ocean city. Stripers and weakfish were the quarry. Goose eggs was the catch.

I don't have a boat all posts are from land unless other wise stated (from the old school of boat fish don't count that includes kayaks). I was not out front and they were all 18" to 24". First light has been key . Others were caught, my one friend had 10 and the other 6. Tomorrow will be the boat for fluke a fish you can eat and enjoy

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Nice job Finchaser! I dont care how big they are still fun to catch..Last year i had them like that in MoCo out front each time i went out thru the summer...This year them seem to be non exsitent... at least for me in the area i normally fish!!

Got out yesterday afternoon for some flatties...NoMoCo had 12 fished from 5-9pm..Some that were around 17 most in the 15-16in range...Was a good bite when the water was moving once it stopped so did the action..Kind of a slow pick compared to the last few trips in this spot...Lots of bunker and small bait around with a few snappers harrasing the small stuff..Tried for them but couldnt grab any...Need some meat for the freezer ate all my fluke already!! Ill be out Sunday on a keeper hunt

I left out the power plant.

Hey guys I finally got out this morning and fished nomoco. The beach was not that crowded with the weather. Lots of small bait in the wash maybe rainfish or spearing? You didn't have to cast that far. At first the bugs were insane. Then the east wind got a little stronger and it was ok. Fished 8:30-12. I was using a sneaky pete style rig without the spinner blade. Got 9 fluke to 17 1/2". I was using white gulp swimming mullet and the snappers kept biting the tails. So I switched to chartreuse swimming jerk shad and it was a lot better. It was fun to have them snap at the tails and not bite it off. For once I seemed to have power over the snappers. lol. Good morning on the water and lots of bait around. Hoping some other species will move in with all this bait out there. blazin great report you really seem to be the fluke master! finchaser your reports are an inspiration makes me psyched to hear there are still some bass around. thank you sir.

Heard brigantine was loaded with kingfish so I drove up there today. They are definitely in full force. Caught a mess, 16 decent ones and one croaker. All on little pieces of bloodworms. Bought a dozen and only used 6. Hold your rod they are quick bait stealers. First 2 hours of the incoming tide. Will try to get back out tomorrow and report also if I can get the honey do list finished in tme.

Went to a popular spot in SoMoCo. Figured I would get an hour of fishing in before the surfers got there. Well the early bird gets the worm and this time they were there before me in the pocket. Low tide too so that sucked. Zilch.

I left out the power plant.
    Dude no offence but when was the last time you were actually out there fishing? You sound a little jealous if you ask me. From all the posts and threads that guy finchaser has on this site it seems like he is one of the saltwater fishing legends. Old and grouchy salt. You sound like you're questioning his catches. He has probably forgot more about fishing than most of us will ever know. Also do you know that the surf is not the place to be right now? Maybe for fluke but not the other fish. The back bays and rivers are absolutely stoked with bait. theres bunker, spearing, and boatloads of shrimp. I dont know where you fish. Go check the marinas at night. You can find bait at any of them. You have to look in the right places.
    My reporrt, because I have not posted in a while. I have been out there fishing for croaker. 2 weeks ago it was decent then we got skunked a lot of times. Wed nitght we started catching them again in the back. This time it was harder the water was dirty and we had to find some deeper water. There is a thin line of scum and algae all along most of the shoreline. Also debris from rainwater runoff. Find water that is at least 8' deep where there are small crabs and shrimp and you got some croakers.
    Last night we used the gulp bloodworms and shrimp. The real shriimp out fished the gulp. Between the 3 of us we got some decent fish. Also got 2 short stripers on the shrimp. Best time was 2 hours before HT. Good luck dude and sorry if I seemed harsh. If you want fish you have to go out and look for them. We get blanked a lot and Im sure finchaser does too.

Quote Originally Posted by seamonkey View Post
    H. Will try to get back out tomorrow and report also if I can get the honey do list finished in tme.
    Yup, that dreaded honey do list. Gets in the way of our fishing.

never done power plant. But I do only fish on days that end in Y

One bass this morning 27 inches. Then I went on my friends boat for fluke my only keeper out of 15 fish was a nice 5 powder which is going to be my dinner .

Fished on the kayak yesterday targeting fluke. Caught a few shorts but not that many.

Did find the croakers however most were pretty small. Kept 3 that were around 12-16" and went back to fluke fishing. The croakers are too bony to bother with the small ones IMO.

Nice job finchaser always enjoy your reports. Fished moco this morning. The swells were pretty big. Water dirtier than I imagined. No fish for me.

Well fished this morning from 1:00 to 9:00, bay side.
    I would sum today's trip up with it was an F and F trip.
    Water was murky, lost a fish on a Hogy around 2:00, swirl on a spook around 3:00.
    Then at 5:30 landed around a 4 pound blue on a white spook.
    Then between then and 8:30 I missed or lost over 10 fish on white Hogys and Spooks.
    Hooked a few fish for 10 or so seconds and lost them, missed hits, swirls around plugs, blue chasing the spook for 30 feet and not connecting, blue jumping over the plug like it was a hurdle, you name it, I missed it. Then at 8:30 I finally catch a blue, felt nice, ended up being a double. After failing to seal the deal all those other times I catch 2....silly. Then nothing and left at 9:00.

Futility and Fun...Had a great time out there.

White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

Monty welcome home

Nice doubleheader monty. What kind of teaser is that?

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast