"I share in the deep disappointment at Great Lakes' decision to leave LBI and our critical beach replenishment project half-completed, subject to the winter weather and storm surges common this time of year," said Congressman Frank LoBiondo (NJ-2). "In close communication and coordination with Commissioner Martin, local mayors and the Army Corps, I have made clear on several occasions to Great Lakes' leadership of my immense frustration at this self-serving business decision that leaves the residents and properties of LBI at risk.

"I will continue to press the importance of finishing this project as planned, ensuring adequate winter storm protection and ample time to plan for the summer tourism season."

"Federal beach nourishment and resiliency projects are essential to projecting our shore communities and preserving our coastline, which is why it is disappointing that sections of Long Beach Island may be left unfinished for some winter months early next year," said U.S. Senator Cory Booker. "I continue to work with Senator Menendez, Congressman LoBiondo and other elected officials to impress upon the Army Corps to work with the contractor to ensure that its contractual obligation to have work completed by Memorial Day is met."

^^^^Check this out, from the article njdiver linked -
No comments from Pallone. Hmmm. Doesn't that sound strange? Or is he only concerned when Long Branch and Deal, the towns that funnel the most money to his campaign, are involved?