Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: MEAT MEN of New Jersey

Default Re: MEAT Men of New Jersey

Hookset...

Thank you for posting this up today. To be honest I was looking to go fluke fishing this weekend but just finished booking open boats with two of the captains on here for Saturday and Monday of this weekend. The pics you posted showed me they were on the fish and thus will get my business. To be honest maybe they should thank you too for referring business their way. Just bought my freezer bags so looking to stock up!

FB

Quote Originally Posted by hookset View Post
    Next you will be on here telling us you are the biggest stud in your high school, Wow junior year must be really awesome. Will be even better when you get to be a high school senior next year
    how about an intelligent discussion on any of the points mentioned above?
    You know what they say about the guys who have to tell everyone about how they are the biggest stud. Light in the pants, small package. The bigger the boat the smaller the pee pee. Remember the guy in high school who had to have the flashiest car? Overcompensating for something that is lacking, jmo.
    None of you mentioned any of the points hookset, bucket, clamchucker,monty or finchaser talked about.
    How about it? I was fishing during the moratorium and it was barely worth it. In MA I have seen bunker go from schools that you could snag in any feeder creek or river to something that we only see when at the cape or the canal. They aren't all over like they used to be. And I have fished Maine as well. Have any of you smart mouths fished up north or out East. We used to have some of the best fishing for all sizes of stripers. Rats to cows we had it all. Now we are lucky to get 5 good weeks of fishing in the Canal spring and fall. Is there any intelligent life among all these vocal new members or is it all about poking each other and beating chests? Hookset and the others I mentioned have said some key stuff here. Would like to hear what you joisey guys have to say. And welcome aboard btw

Quote Originally Posted by Freezer Burn View Post
    Hookset...

Thank you for posting this up today. To be honest I was looking to go fluke fishing this weekend but just finished booking open boats with two of the captains on here for Saturday and Monday of this weekend. The pics you posted showed me they were on the fish and thus will get my business. To be honest maybe they should thank you too for referring business their way. Just bought my freezer bags so looking to stock up!

FB
    Class act you are sir.
    Response to any of the previous posts on the page before? What can you tell us about the state of the striped bass fishery today. I am on all the sites and never saw a guy named freezer burn before. What is your real handle on the other sites or were you too embarassed to post that here? Your courage is inspiring.

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    . Is there any intelligent life among all these vocal new members or is it all about poking each other and beating chests? Hookset and the others I mentioned have said some key stuff here. Would like to hear what you joisey guys have to say. And welcome aboard btw

dogfish why waste time on these losers haha im a meat man too! meat man ur a poser! u too freezer burn what a queer name i keep almost all my fish but i dont brag about it dont take pics and post on the internet why post pics the fish is goin in my belly the only reson to post up all those pics of the meat is u want the whole world to kno u are the best fisherman in the planet and only u think that! haha if you like the meat so much u shud go to asbury park theres lots of guys there who will give u the meat lol

Quote Originally Posted by Meat Man View Post
    Again, take your rant to someone who cares. That is right, I'll go out this weekend and keep my three fish limit. You can't do sh*t about it. I'll show you my meatballs!!! I like your Get bent logo, pretty sure your good at it.
    haha i told u this dude is gay monty he wants to show you his meatBALLS!!!!!!haha lol!

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    Class act you are sir.
    Response to any of the previous posts on the page before? What can you tell us about the state of the striped bass fishery today. I am on all the sites and never saw a guy named freezer burn before. What is your real handle on the other sites or were you too embarassed to post that here? Your courage is inspiring.
    State of fishing looks great right now! Bunker are abundant off our coast and we have one study from VA or MD that states YOY numbers are down...that is one study in one relatively small general area. I know you will have a reply to whatever I type here but ultimately both our statements will mean nothing cause its just the internet!

PS...didn't know I had to join other sites to post here. Today happens to be my day off otherwise I don't sit at a computer all day and type about fishing...I'll just go fishing instead.

Quote Originally Posted by wish4fish View Post
    dogfish why waste time on these losers haha im a meat man too! meat man ur a poser! u too freezer burn what a queer name i keep almost all my fish but i dont brag about it dont take pics and post on the internet why post pics the fish is goin in my belly the only reson to post up all those pics of the meat is u want the whole world to kno u are the best fisherman in the planet and only u think that! haha if you like the meat so much u shud go to asbury park theres lots of guys there who will give u the meat lol
    Hey now Mr. or Mrs. Wish4Fish...no name calling please!!! And besides only another gay guy would know where gay guys hang out too.

FB

PS..I'll PM you for approval for my next screen name if I ever join another fishing website.

Quote Originally Posted by hookset View Post
    I thought since you claim you read this thread you might have some valid points about the state of the strioed bass fishery today.
    How long have you been fishing?
    Did you fish for bass during the moratorium or have you only been fishing for them since you were in junior high last year?
    What do your bass logs show during the last 20 years. Can you document that the bass are now healthier than ever?
    What about the YOY last year showing bass at the lowest numbers ever?
    What about the verfiable stats showing that the aggregate striped bass catches, coastwide, have been decliniing for the last 3 years. (except in your world)

these are all veriafiable facts I stated and can be found here or supported by a simple search on the internet. I guess when you are in high school it is hard to do these searches because they are not available as an app on your iphone.
    Just 2 or 3 of the questions I asked above, show us what you know about striped bass.
    Other than you telling us you are the biggest stud in the sandbox.
    Next you will be on here telling us you are the biggest stud in your high school, Wow junior year must be really awesome. Will be even better when you get to be a high school senior next year
    how about an intelligent discussion on any of the points mentioned above?
    State of fishing looks great right now! Bunker are abundant off our coast and we have one study from VA or MD that states YOY numbers are down...that is one study in one relatively small general area. I know you will have a reply to whatever I type here but ultimately both our statements will mean nothing cause its just the internet!

Freezerburn welcome to the site.
    I have been fishing for 50 years. How long have you been in the game?
    Your response gave or offered nothing of substance to the questions hookset asked or the issues that have been talked about here.
    The one study that you dismiss is the yoy study of the Chesapeake fishery. This Chesapeake biomass is arguably the biggest documented mass of striped bass on the East Coast. If a study indicates the numbers are down there is a great cause for concern.
    http://www.saltwatersportsman.com/sp...s-striped-bass

Would like to hear some statistics to back your statements up. Your statement that this is just the internet is indicative of the dismissiveness of many uninformed fishermen out there. Did you attend the march on washington? Do you go to any fisheries meetings? Do you involve yourself in fisheries management to learn anything or is it just enough to give one-sentence blasts on the internet because it's not serious to you. When will it become serious enough for you to learn about it or want to learn. Would appreciate hearing your detailed thoughts and responses to some of the questions that were mentioned above. Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by buckethead View Post
    Freezerburn welcome to the site.
    I have been fishing for 50 years. How long have you been in the game?
    Your response gave or offered nothing of substance to the questions hookset asked or the issues that have been talked about here.
    The one study that you dismiss is the yoy study of the Chesapeake fishery. This Chesapeake biomass is arguably the biggest documented mass of striped bass on the East Coast. If a study indicates the numbers are down there is a great cause for concern.
    http://www.saltwatersportsman.com/sp...s-striped-bass

Would like to hear some statistics to back your statements up. Your statement that this is just the internet is indicative of the dismissiveness of many uninformed fishermen out there. Did you attend the march on washington? Do you go to any fisheries meetings? Do you involve yourself in fisheries management to learn anything or is it just enough to give one-sentence blasts on the internet because it's not serious to you. When will it become serious enough for you to learn about it or want to learn. Would appreciate hearing your detailed thoughts and responses to some of the questions that were mentioned above. Thank you
    Hey Bucket...
    No only been alive for 36 years and fishing for 7 of them for stripers and I also do a lot of ground fishing in NJ and NE so I have not been through the striper downfall nor do I state I did. I think its great you stuck with your hobby/passion this long and is a rave review for the sport in general.
    I subscribe to the everything happens in cycles belief. What does up must come down and then eventually will go back up. Hey look at the housing market...same ****.
    I did not dismiss the study either...just said it was one study. What other major studies are out there just out of curiosity. Do they have the major ones in New England and North Carolina as well?

Nope did not attend marches...didn't know I needed too in order to post a one liner on the internet
    I attend fishing meeting regularly but they happen at my local pub with other guys who fish...not make policy
    I don't involve myself in fishery mgmt...again didn't know I needed too in order to post a one liner on the internet

There you go you discredited me...did that feel good? Does it change the fact that I'm going to fish twice this weekend on a boat that I found on here and hopefully take home my two fish limit on both trips? NOPE.

No matter what damage my generation or the ones after me do to the fishing population.....it is nothing compared to how your generation raped the ocean of bass and weakfish. Remember that.

PS...40lb bass do taste good when cooked properly.

Quote Originally Posted by freezer burn View Post
    hey bucket...
    No only been alive for 36 years and fishing for 7 of them for stripers and i also do a lot of ground fishing in nj and ne so i have not been through the striper downfall nor do i state i did. I think its great you stuck with your hobby/passion this long and is a rave review for the sport in general.
    I subscribe to the everything happens in cycles belief. What does up must come down and then eventually will go back up. Hey look at the housing market...same ****.
    I did not dismiss the study either...just said it was one study. What other major studies are out there just out of curiosity. Do they have the major ones in new england and north carolina as well?

Nope did not attend marches...didn't know i needed too in order to post a one liner on the internet
    i attend fishing meeting regularly but they happen at my local pub with other guys who fish...not make policy
    i don't involve myself in fishery mgmt...again didn't know i needed too in order to post a one liner on the internet

there you go you discredited me...did that feel good? Does it change the fact that i'm going to fish twice this weekend on a boat that i found on here and hopefully take home my two fish limit on both trips? Nope.

No matter what damage my generation or the ones after me do to the fishing population.....it is nothing compared to how your generation raped the ocean of bass and weakfish. Remember that.

Ps...40lb bass do taste good when cooked properly.

well said, freezer burn. I'll be out this weekend too. Good luck! Catch em up.

I see you've been a member since 2008. Two words for you **
    Last edited by DarkSkies; 05-22-2013 at 09:43 PM. Reason: Off topic, Profanity and Personal Attack

I thought other sites were bad but this one has it beat. Bunch of grown man whining and complaining about keeping your "Limit". This will be my only post, you guys need to get out more stop worrying about who is catching what. If you don't like it, do something about it instead hiding behind your computer ranting and posting pics from Charters and Party boats here.
    Hiding behind a computer thats a joke. Both of you jokers are from the njfishing site. It would seem reasonable that you would use the screen names from over there here. You are such chickens that you had to sign here with made up goof names. Who's the man here meat man? Sorry dude you got some issues but courage is not one of them.

Hookset...

FB
    I recognize your posting style from njfishing. I'll figure it out soon enough it will come to me. Why join here if you can't use the same name you're using there? Another afraid to stand up like a man in real life but 6 feet tall on the internet. i'm real impressed you are way cool dude

You can't do sh*t about it. I'll show you my meatballs!!!
    haha i told u this dude is gay monty he wants to show you his meatBALLS!!!!!!haha lol!
    And besides only another gay guy would know where gay guys hang out too.

FB
    Heres what I think. I think you two are fishing buddies freezer burn and meatman. You two fish together, get drunk together. and joined the site together. Do you go to the bathroom together too? Bend for a friend? It's 2013. Being gay is not for me but if you are its all good we won't judge you.

I think wish4fish called it right. With all this gay talk you guys should come out of the closet already. Your parents will understand.

Hey Bucket...

No only been alive for 36 years and fishing for 7 of them for stripers and I also do a lot of ground fishing in NJ and NE so I have not been through the striper downfall nor do I state I did.I subscribe to the everything happens in cycles belief. What does up must come down and then eventually will go back up.

Oh so now striped bass are part of a cyclical theory? Thanks for explaining that to me I would never have known that. When I can't catch bass one night I'm going to blame it on the cyclical theory, awesome.
    You are like totally awesome dude you have been fishing for bass for 7 years? That is just beyond belief you are on your way to sharpie status.
    7 long years. What a lifetime of bass experience you must have. No wonder you could not answer any of the questions hookset or buckethead posted here. You are probably one of the guys who catch 10 bass in a night and call it epic. Post on facebook about how great you are. Do you have a facebook page let us know I want to go there and maybe pick up some tips. I only been fishing for bass for 40 years so maybe a sharpie like you can show me how to do it.
    dark these dudes have no business here. They are not part of this discussion or even trying to be. They are trolls hiding behind names they made up just to join this site. Not one ounce of courage all internet muscles. Why do you allow this dark they add nothing to the discussion here. Thats it im done with these jokers.

Quote Originally Posted by jigfreak View Post
    Hiding behind a computer thats a joke. Both of you jokers are from the njfishing site. It would seem reasonable that you would use the screen names from over there here. You are such nancy boys that you had to sign here with made up goof names. Who's the man here meat man? Sorry dude you got some issues but courage is not one of them.

I recognize your posting style from njfishing. I'll figure it out soon enough it will come to me. Why join here if you can't use the same name you're using there? Another little girl afraid afraid to stand up like a man in real life but 6 feet tall on the internet. i'm real impressed you are way cool dude
    I found this website via a buddy (not meat man since i got no clue who he is) who was talking about what's going on at a bar...I'm 5'11 and really wasn't here looking for your opinion...rather stating the poster is actually advertising for the same people he is hating on. Nothing more...nothing less. I don't attend meetings and I don't keep stats nor do I post my pics on web forums nor do I care what you think of me because like I said...it's the Internet! Just as an FYI you shouldn't care what I say either!

Go fish. Eat em if its legal and throw em back if it will make u feel better. But for damn sake stop the bitching!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jigfreak View Post
    Oh so now striped bass are part of a cyclical theory? Thanaks for explaining that to me I would never have known that. When I can't catch bass one night I'm going to blame it on the cyclical theory, awesome.
    Wow that is like totally awesome dude you have been fishing for bass for 7 years. That is just beyond belief you are on your way to sharpie status.
    7 long years. What a lifetime of bass experience you must have. No wonder you could not answer any of the questions hookset or buckethead posted here. You are probably one of the guys who catch 10 bass in a night and call it epic. Post on facebook about how great you are. Do you have a facebook page let us know I want to go there and maybe pick up some tips. I only been fishing for bass for 40 years so maybe a sharpie like you can show me how to do it.
    dark these dudes have no business here. They are not part of this discussion or even trying to be. They are trolls hiding behind names they made up just to join this site. Not one ounce of courage all internet muscles. Why do you allow this dark they add nothing to the discussion here. Thats it im done with these jokers.

Ur funny!!!!! Hell why do U think I got into ground fishing??? I can't catch a striper to save my life!!!
    Never ONCE eluded to being a sharpie. I think u got voices in ur head.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
    This was in post 30 of this thread. I am asking you folks to adhere to the guidelines I set out.
    I am still hoping we can have a respectful, adult, discussion here.
    You are all entitled to your opinions.
    Threats will not be tolerated no matter which side they came from.

**I am counting on you all to act like adults and treat each other with the same respect you would want to be treated.
    There are no time-outs or infractions on this site.
    2. We act like adults and most are good with that avoiding profanity and insults.
    3. If anyone can't follow those guidelines you are not needed or welcome here.

Thank you.
    Just to re-iterate Our Policy which I posted previously.
    ALL are welcome to voice their opinions here under their First Amendment Rights.
    Personal attacks, profanity and name calling are not.

I'll try to sort this out and moderate some of the other posts when I get a chance.
    Thanks for your understanding and compliance with our Policy.

Quote Originally Posted by finchaser View Post
    ^^^^^^^^well said. RIP had one fish and JB had 82 fish averaging 20 pounds on the same day(5/10/13) sounds like a one way street. Most back patters boat or surf think if they become friends they will be called in on bites which seldom happens as they don't share. In the end they usually find out the hard way all it accomplishes is loosing friends they trashed and abandon trying .
    I don't understand this. On the water you can't cover all the ground by yourself. That's why you build up a network. Half the time we don't even use the radio we do it via cell phone. You return the favor when someone helps you that's how it works. Why would two friends not help each other. Seems to be something here more than meets the eye. Strange.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Derek Fisher Price 4 View Post
    Hello. My name is Capt Derek Bielitz. I am the owner and operator of the Fisher Price IV out of the Highlands. This post was brought to my attention by one of my customers who saw it. I would first like to say that i do not personally know who anyone of you on here are or if any of you have ever fished with me before. I saw that some of my posts from other sites were pasted on here. And i will be the first to tell you that what i post is the truth. I have good days and bad days in fishing. I am a full time professional charter boat captain. This is what i do 12 months a year. I do not have any other job than fishing. I am 31 years old and have been working as a mate and captain for the past 16 years. I have seen the fishery when it was tough as well as when it had been great. I will also be the first person to say that there are not as many bass around as in recent years. I will also admit that there are more keepers around and less shorts. As for what i kill on my boat. I follow all laws in both NY and NJ waters. My customers spend their hard earned money to go out on fishing trips with me and when they like to take their limit who am i to tell them they cant. I also let my customers use their bonus cards to a certain point. I do not take my limit or my mates limit on any trip. If the customer wants to use their bonus card in the beginning of the season on a smaller fish than so be it. I do support catch and release and i can tell you i had a trip the other day where we landed 50 or 52 bass all day and only kept one fish for the table cause it was gut hooked and bleeding out. I encourage my guys to release all fish 30 lbs or bigger cause they are your breeding fish and we need to keep the stock up and have fish for our future generations to experience. This is my first and last post on this site..
    You are one of the few who doesn't take a mate and boat limit. Not that it really matters you are still within the law. Well said Cappy! Class act.

^^ X2 for Capt Derek. Never met him but he is one of the ones who stands above the others from dock talk I have heard.

I look at it this way. The more I am on the water the more chances I have to get nice bass. I really like catching them and we always bring one or two back. More than that just gets wasted. It is also a pita when you have to focus each trip on cutting and bleeding the fish and then washdown after. I cut all my fish so the meat tastes better. When the bite is good I would rather be fishing than missing out. I usually fish with one partner. When you have more on board you can delegate different jobs to the crew and it is easier to deal with more in the box. I am just saying for me, we have fun catching or jigging them. The bite is not always hot or consistent and we have to run all over for fish on the slow days. I would rather spend my time fishing. That's just me and by no means a criticism of Capt Derek or the others.
    Freezerburn no disrespect meant but I think a 40lb bass has no taste at all. They are terrible eating. The tastiest size for bass is 24-32". I miss the slot limit because the 24" bass was perfect eating size and better tasting. Of course this is just my opinion

Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast