Thread: Stripers And Anglers Ball Busting thread

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by bababooey View Post
    I'll be the leader of this motley crew if I can be Jack Nicholson. He's smooth and suave, and smells good just like I do, Eff ds he couldn't stay on top. He would have to take too many showers. Who's voting for me?
    1. I'll gladly turn over the reigns of this site to you or anyone else who thinks they can do better. It's a thankless job,
    a. getting rid of spammers every day, (which have multiplied as this site becomes more visible and popular with daily visits). Just let me know when you want to trade lives, pal.

b. Organizing and copying posts from one thread to the other so searching for useful material is pretty painless and productive here.

2. It's also thankless, ignoring various new product designers who want me to try their products and promote them because they know I fish a lot.(That's why I don't like to accept free stuff that often, and if you see me talking about a particular plug or innovation, it's because I have tested it and feel that it gives fishermen an advantage....
    **The simple truth, with all the tackle innovations out there.....a redfin or loaded redfin, or a bucktail with small grub, or small rubber on a jighead..... will catch fish
    more consistently in our NJ waters, than 75% of the new gimmicks out there....remember that the next time you are drooling over the latest new plug to come out....In most cases....
    **It's the fisherman who catches the fish consistently...NOT that fancy new plug...

3. They say if you put your troubles on the table with everyone else, in the end you would not trade for the life of another...you would take your own troubles back...anyone who wants some of my troubles. and wants to trade lives and positions....feel free to get in touch any time....

Quote Originally Posted by Monty View Post
    Dark, I have fished with you a few times. And whether its been in gale force winds, walking distances that we do not want to mention, etc, , etc, it has always been fun. Always a great time and I am serious about that. ...... if I put it all out at one time they would all think your a fictional character And I have learned from your writing skills, never put it all out there, keep everyone in suspense...... Remember the headless torso story you wrote.......Jeesh didn't that take 6 months for you to finish?
    Thanks for the kind words....would fish with you any time as well....because we each do our own thing while out there, and are not dependent on each other....lately the adventures are so bizzare it's almost like they can't be true..it's surreal.....but when you spend a lot of time out there fishing....you tend to see some unusual things........

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
    Thanks for the kind words....would fish with you any time as well....because we each do our own thing while out there, and are not dependent on each other....lately the adventures are so bizzare it's almost like they can't be true..it's surreal.....but when you spend a lot of time out there fishing....you tend to see some unusual things........
    Yes, we see a lot of crazy things out there.
    I remember one morning I was fishing and walking to a different spot and I see a guy standing next to a 4 foot x 6 foot piece of Styrofoam.
    All of a sudden I see him take out his knife and go medieval on it .
    Only thing I can equate this to is someone who has Tourettes syndrome, except with a knife.
    Anyone fishing with a guy like that should keep a good 6-10 feet from him at all times. Maybe some kind of non-mugging/self defense tactic?
    Its a crazy world we fish in.
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

Quote Originally Posted by Monty View Post
    I remember one morning I was fishing and walking to a different spot and I see a guy standing next to a 4 foot x 6 foot piece of Styrofoam.
    All of a sudden I see him take out his knife and go medieval on it .
    Only thing I can equate this to is someone who has Tourettes syndrome, except with a knife.
    Anyone fishing with a guy like that should keep a good 6-10 feet from him at all times. Maybe some kind of non-mugging/self defense tactic?
    Its a crazy world we fish in.
    Yep I agree, that's a dangerous guy, not to be trusted.....
    Do ya think it was possible, that he lost the end cap to his rod when he set it down in the styrofoam....to take a leak? and THAT'S what he was digging into the styrofoam for?

Either way, a guy like that sounds unbalanced.... someone you would definitely not want to fish with.....and avoid at all costs....

Yep I agree, that's a dangerous guy, not to be trusted.....
    Do ya think it was possible, that he lost the end cap to his rod when he set it down in the styrofoam....to take a leak? and THAT'S what he was digging into the styrofoam for?
    Either way, a guy like that sounds unbalanced.... someone you would definitely not want to fish with.....and avoid at all costs....
    I still can't stop laughing every time I think about it (laughing now and the cats are looking at me like I'm nuts).

Monty...the cats are looking at you like you're nuts...because they're a good judge of character....

I think we're amped up on a little too much caffeine when we're out there....it's a good thing we're not out having this happen while hunting...out there with loaded guns....someone might shoot a clamshell because he mis-took it for a rabbit.

someone might shoot a clamshell because he mis-took it for a rabbit.
    I did a youtube search based on your comments. Look what I found this guy is crazy! Look how close he lets the snakes get to him

when you spend a lot of time out there fishing....you tend to see some unusual things........
    The latest unuaual things, and goog observations.....will talk about them in detail in the coming months....

1. The friend I was fishing with dropped his good pliers recently one night on the bay flats....I dove into 3 1/2' of water to find them and miraculously did get them back for him....spending the rest of the night with wet ba**s because water got past my wader belt.....Oh what a glorious feeling.

2. Last night, the beginning of Sept, a horseshoe crab tried to hump my wading boot. The water was slightly murky. The first time I recognized it and kicked it away with my boot. Within 2 seconds something was back humping my foot again. Since I know they are slow moving, I didn't realize it was the crab being pushed by the current. I almost jumped out of my skin as I got hit the 2nd time in the inky blackness, overcast skies. I probably let out a high pitched scream as well. A few minutes later I'm berating myself for getting spooked by such a harmless creature. What a freaking goog I am sometimes.

3. More bird stories...ya just can't make this stuff up, it is so bizarre....

a. 2 nights ago we find a distressed seagull. We examine it to possibly help cut line that was entangling it. Turns out there was no line at all. It was a one legged seagull, probably losing the other leg to a big bluefish at one time. It's main problem was a broken wing which really cut down on mobility. My friend who was there that night told me we should wring it's neck to put it out of it's misery before an animal got to it and ate it.

I thought about it, but didn't have the heart to do it....thought it might have a chance to recover.
    When we got back that night to where we left, it was gone.....we assumed an animal had attacked it and carried it away....

Last night, on the way to the water.....we saw that damn seagull again!!....miraculously it had survived........and it's wing had healed a bit so it could hop and fly short distances again. Amazing....ya just can't make this stuff up.

b. Another wounded bird....on the way from one place to another on the flats....we found a wounded sea-bird...it looked like it had a giant fish, or stick protruding out of it's mouth....held it down for examination, tried to remove the "stick", found out it had broken it's beak, probably on a high speed dive into the water chasing fish, or something like that.....
    We checked it over, decided there was nothing else we could do, and let it go.....my friend went to fish in another direction, and this bird tried to land on him twice (he's a very big guy, the bird must have mistaken him for a bulkhead piling).

Did I give my friend any sympathy when this happened????? .....Nope........laughed at him in my loudest laugh...... gave him a new name...the "Bird whisperer"

c. On the way back one night, after traipsing through back bay tick infested and overgrown trails, just so we could fish some isolated places where there might be a few fish....we see a pair of large yellow eyes scouting us from the tree 20 feet above us....as we checked it out more....we discovered we were being spied on by a large owl.....pretty cool, and one of the highlights of a slow trip...

1. The friend I was fishing with dropped his good pliers recently one night on the bay flats....I dove into 3 1/2' of water to find them and miraculously did get them back for him....spending the rest of the night with wet ba**s because water got past my wader belt.....Oh what a glorious feeling.

2. Last night, the beginning of Sept, a horseshoe crab tried to hump my wading boot. The water was slightly murky. The first time I recognized it and kicked it away with my boot. Within 2 seconds something was back humping my foot again. Since I know they are slow moving, I didn't realize it was the crab being pushed by the current. I almost jumped out of my skin as I got hit the 2nd time in the inky blackness, overcast skies. I probably let out a high pitched scream as well. A few minutes later I'm berating myself for getting spooked by such a harmless creature. What a freaking goog I am sometimes.
    1. My brother broke his crappy Schmidt pliers last year and has been too cheap to buy new ones. We were fishing on the yak this spring and he needed to borrow mine to unhook a fish so he comes over and I leash them to his kayak. Later on in the day when I ask him for them back he says "I gave them back to you". Turns out he unleashed them and dropped them overboard in 20ft of water.

Will you please dive down and find them for me? They were 7" Browing needle nose...and the best pliers I ever owned. I got them as a HS graduation gift 8 years ago and they were holding up great. I rarely ever rinsed them with freshwater. Sadly Browing just discontinued them last year so I am looking for a good replacement around the $30-$60 mark.

2. So sad about the horseshoe crab...and why are you still wearing waders in August? No wonder you stink!!!

Quote Originally Posted by J Barbosa View Post
    1. My brother broke his crappy Schmidt pliers last year and has been too cheap to buy new ones. We were fishing on the yak this spring and he needed to borrow mine to unhook a fish so he comes over and I leash them to his kayak. Later on in the day when I ask him for them back he says "I gave them back to you". Turns out he unleashed them and dropped them overboard in 20ft of water.
    Ouch. If my brother did that he would have to buy a new pair of pliers, the same brand and price or similar. Or he wouldn't come fishing with us again.

I think we're amped up on a little too much caffeine when we're out there....it's a good thing we're not out having this happen while hunting...out there with loaded guns....someone might shoot a clamshell because he mis-took it for a rabbit.
    Word of advice - Too much caffeine can cause hallucinations.

The latest unuaual things, and goog observations.....
    2. Last night, the beginning of Sept, a horseshoe crab tried to hump my wading boot. The water was slightly murky. The first time I recognized it and kicked it away with my boot. Within 2 seconds something was back humping my foot again. Since I know they are slow moving, I didn't realize it was the crab being pushed by the current. I almost jumped out of my skin as I got hit the 2nd time in the inky blackness, overcast skies. I probably let out a high pitched scream as well. A few minutes later I'm berating myself for getting spooked by such a harmless creature.

What a freaking goog I am sometimes..
    And there ya have it, the plain truth!
    I can't believe you folks still have horseshoe crabs puttering about. Don't they usually leave by July?

dogfish its crazy I am still seeing them too. Not that many but they are around.
    Rich I'm not surprised at your latest exploits. I have plenty of stories from when you were a bucket guy like the rest of us.

1. Will you please dive down and find them for me? They were 7" Browing needle nose...and the best pliers I ever owned. I got them as a HS graduation gift 8 years ago and they were holding up great. I rarely ever rinsed them with freshwater. Sadly Browing just discontinued them last year so I am looking for a good replacement around the $30-$60 mark.

2. So sad about the horseshoe crab...and why are you still wearing waders in August? No wonder you stink!!!
    1. The ones my friend dropped were Browning.....I think he mentioned you can't get them any more either.....maybe Ebay would have a few?

2. Sorry, pal, almost every spot in the back bay is covered up with bugs....particularly the sedges.....skeeters, no see-ums, ticks.....it would be suicide not to wear waders and go barefoot...
    There is a favorite spot of mine that I know holds some bass through the summer...god help anyone who tried to fish it during the summer. The mosquitoes are brutal and there are too many ticks!

.......except for those kinky freaks that get off when horseshoe crabs come to tickle their toes....

(That's another thing we forgot to mention about JB,....his public statements that he enjoys horseshoe crabs gathering to have sex with his feet)......

I go barefoot once the water warms up and I let them tickle my toes <-- sad part is I am not even joking.

so which is worse.....
    Sleeping in port-a-johns and smelling a little bad at times? (posts 56-60)
    http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/...it-Takes/page3

Or having a horseshoe crab fetish?
    http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/...shoe-crabs-yet

To each his own....I say.....
    This world is big enough to accommodate all types of weirdness,,,,,

Quote Originally Posted by ledhead36 View Post
    I have plenty of stories from when you were a bucket guy like the rest of us.
    Yep, what a goofball I was, Led.
    I did spend many years sitting on that bucket.Then later carrying one as I went mobile.

Looking back I don't see how I had that much patience....Even crabbing now, I like moving and hunting for them...that waiting for the fish or crabs to come to you....has gotten real old......

I think its pretty cool that you guys can do this and just have fun. Too often on other sites it turns into a pissing match. Making fun of yourselves is awesome. Life is short be happy! Great thread.

2. Sorry, pal, almost every spot in the back bay is covered up with bugs....particularly the sedges.....skeeters, no see-ums, ticks.....it would be suicide not to wear waders and go barefoot...

.......except for those kinky freaks that get off when horseshoe crabs come to tickle their toes....
    (That's another thing we forgot to mention about JB,....his public statements that he enjoys horseshoe crabs gathering to have sex with his feet)......
    so which is worse.....Sleeping in port-a-johns and smelling a little bad at times? Or having a horseshoe crab fetish?
    Going to go with the Porta-john story as being worse. Those Horseshoe crabs are relentless, after a while I just let them go to town on my wader boot. Now JB and his toes and Horseshoe crab thing, well that's a bit out there, but sleeping in the Porta-John (a clean one at that), is worse than playing toesies with Horseshoe crabs in my book.

Awesome thread. All of you guys are "out there". Reminds me of that movie Animal House!